Official Crossfire Europe Forum [Feedback & Suggestions]: GM events - Crossfire Europe Forum
Crossfire Europe

[Feedback & Suggestions]: GM events

Bookmark and Share

This post has 15 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 165
GMDuchess Posted: 01-11-2013 11:29

Listen up Soldiers,

It has been a few months since we have started Season 2 of our GM events. Now, it is time for us to ask YOU for feedback and suggestions. I understand we have a few forum threads open that were dedicated to feedback for specific events, but we would like to have a more general idea of what you guys think!

That being said, please leave any feedback or suggestions that you may have in the comments below.  Take your time to write out constructive ideas and thoughts as I will be reading each and every comment.

Posts can include (but are not limited to):

• General thoughts about the events.
    • What do you like about the events?
    • Which ones your favorite?
    • What do you not like?
    • Do you like that they are weekly?
  • How can we improve the current events?
    • Do you like that they are on the forums?
    • Do you want to see more broadcasting in game about the events?
    • Do you want to see more GM involvement? How?
  • Types of events you want to see.
    • If you have suggestions for new types of events please feel free to post them here.
  • Feedback on prizes.
    • How do you like the balance of GP to items, would you like to see more of one or the other?
    • GP Items vs GP guns?         
  • Suggestions for prizes.
    • Please have reasonable expectations for prizes.
    • Take into account the types of prizes we have had in the past when making your suggestions.            

If you would like the links for specific events feedback post, I have provided them below. Please remember that you can post the feedback in the comments on this thread as well.

[Feedback]: Ask the GM's ALMOST anything
[Feedback]: GM's want to know..
[Feedback]: Post your best patch related screenshot

As always, we ask that you stay on topic and be constructive!

Thank you,

~GM_Duchess

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,151

Well, answering the questions:

• What do you like about the events? I love the events. They are outstanding.
    • Which ones your favorite? Definitely the "Ask the GMs" one. It's amazing to see all those questions answered.
    • What do you not like? Well, I like them all. If I have to choose one, I would choose the "GMs jump into players rooms" because you can participate if you want to. It's all about luck.
    • Do you like that they are weekly? They could be daily lol
    • Do you like that they are on the forums? Well, yeah. Why not? It promoves the forum. We definitely need the forum promoted.
    • Do you want to see more broadcasting in game about the events? I've seen some annoucenments in the game. Seems fine.
    • Do you want to see more GM involvement? How? That's also one of the reasons why I like the "Ask the GMs event". We get to know the GMs a lot better :) I'm not quite sure how to do that though.
    • If you have suggestions for new types of events please feel free to post them here.  I don’t have many ideas but there are some things I would like to see. First, I think we need more “Ask the GMs events”. Because of the Holidays the number of times we did them decreased a lot. I really liked those. Also, I would like to see different Screenshot events. I really like the idea of taking Screenshots for an event since I’m always taking Screenshots. I think something like “describe what you’re feeling right now with a screenshot” or something like that would be nice.
  • Feedback on prizes.
    • How do you like the balance of GP to items, would you like to see more of one or the other? The fact that it gives 3000 GP helps me a lot. I'm sort of running low on GP because of the GP capsules I'm buying and this helps me a lot. As long as we have the 3000 GP, I think the prizes will be good.
    • GP Items vs GP guns? That depends, if we get for example a Steyr AUG A1 for 7 days it could be nice. But GP items are splendid.I love walking around with a Xmas namecard cool  

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 86

GMDuchess:
General thoughts about the events.

Events are quite nice. They are easy to participate. Write a question, post a screenshot.. usually done in one minute and you still get the prize clap But as F7Forum said in his post, "GMs jump into players' rooms" event is all based on how lucky you are to have a GM join your game. Maybe you should increase lenght of that event from 30 minutes to 45 minutes or an hour so that more people have a chance to win the prize.

GMDuchess:
Do you like that they are weekly?

The weekly basis for current types of events is good, but it would be good if we could have more parallel events. Events that you organize here on forum last for about 3 days, but you could also have events that last for 7 days, so they could be simultaneous. More about that in following text..

GMDuchess:

• Do you want to see more GM involvement? How?

Yes, sir!  clap  This might not be directly related to forum events, but we could sure use more feedback from GMs, especially in suggestions subforum. A post that GM_Cylon posted in Support our suggestions! thread is excellent. It tells people how they should post suggestions, what to define in them, how realistic those are, how easy or difficult it is to implement them and so on.

GMDuchess:

• Feedback on prizes.
    • How do you like the balance of GP to items, would you like to see more of one or the other?
    • GP Items vs GP guns?         
  • 3000 GP sounds fair for the amount of work that is required to earn it.

GP items vs GP guns.. I assume you mean temporary GP guns (7 days) so I will say that items are better choice. There is already a good choice of weapons that people can win in Biohazard mode and daily missions so it would be better if we could get some items here.

GMDuchess:
    Suggestions for prizes.

• Please have reasonable expectations for prizes.
    • Take into account the types of prizes we have had in the past when making your suggestions.    

It might be good to add some more prizes like radio backpack (the one for gp), maybe doll and ghost grenades..

GMDuchess:
    Types of events you want to see.

• If you have suggestions for new types of events please feel free to post them here.

I have several suggestions :D

Collect the GMs 

In the announcement will be time when will GMs play the game, say, from 07. 01. 2013 - 14. 01. 2013  between 22:00 02:00 hrs (CET). GMs that participate are, for example, GM_Dutchess, GM_Ishtar, GM_Vali, GM_Dionysus. Our task would be to play a game with each of the GMs and take a screenshot of them in game then upload all screenshots on the forum as proof. If we manage to get all four GMs on screenshots, we receive the prize.

Since this would require somewhat more work and playing to complete, prizes should be something better than in current forum events. Maybe something like soldier's beret (7 days), 1 plus mission card, bulletproof west (7 days), 1 respawn token and things like that. This could be an event that lasts 5 days (we can't expect GMs to play on weekends so no need for this to last for 7 days), is held every 2 weeks and goes along with other events on the forum.

Hurt or Heal

In this event there is a list of items and item with the most votes will be given as a reward to all who participate in the event. Every player can make only one post. Every player would have a total of 2 points with wich to hurt or heal an item from the list. Points can be distributed to add 2 to one item, subtract 2 from one item, or add 1 to one item and subtract 1 from one other item. Here is an example:

Item list:                                                 total points:

• M4A1 Stripes (30 days)                    5
    • AWM Stripes (30 days)                    5
    • M4A1 Custom (5 capsules)               5
    • D.E. Scope (5 capsules)                   5
    • TOE Tag (5 qty)                                5

So now in my post I choose how to distribute my 2 points to items from the list. First I writhe which item(s) I heal or hurt, then give a new list with my points added to it.

Hurt AWM Stripes (-1), Heal M4A1 Stripes (+1)

Item list:                                                 total points:

• M4A1 Stripes (30 days)                    6
    • AWM Stripes (30 days)                    4
    • M4A1 Custom (5 capsules)               5
    • D.E. Scope (5 capsules)                   5
    • TOE Tag (5 qty)                                5

This event might be held once a month and give players a chance to win something really good.

God created men, Samuel Colt made them equal.

IGN: Green_Ghost

Top 500 Contributor
    Male
    Posts 154

General:

+1 to all for those forum events

+1 My favorite event are "Ask the GM's ALMOST anything" :)

-1 don't like i can't edit my own replay - if i miss a letter or a word i can't edit to correct my answer and a new replay can be considered spam :|

+1 for weekly

Improvements:

+1 is on forum - i can see other replay :) some are very interesting

+1 for broadcasting in game about the events will be great - i miss 1 or 2 forum events because i spot them on forum too late

+1 i like too see more GM online - broadcasting current forum event and other news :)

events want to see:

+art event - create an ingame banner / picture to be displayed on some maps

+movie event - from game replay or ingame video

+writing contest - compose a free story or a story based on a subject / all related to the game

+make a wish event - write down  1 wish game related u like more and the winner or the first 3 winners will see-it happends :)

prizes:

+1 for prizes, i like GP and free items :)

+ i like more GP vs temporary items

+ i like temp items like speed defuse, increse exp, grenade slot+ , etc, any ingame help :) 

sugestion prizes:

+ capsule prize - any kind of capsule - will get a chance (even is small) to win a permanent item

+  GP prize - the bigger the better :) will spend all on item shop

+  RP prize is cooooool :) for some major events will be a cool reward some free RP

IGN: TheShadowRO

Top 50 Contributor
    Male
    Posts 967

• What do you like about the events? I like them because they are a easy way to win awsome prizes
      • Which ones your favorite? ,,Spin the wheel" event
      • What do you not like? I don't like the screenshots contest because it's hard to take the perfect photo
      • Do you like that they are weekly? Yes , maybe if they will be daily or more than 1 or 2 :D
      • Do you like that they are on the forums? Yes and no:It's fun to see contests on the forum  , but you must post on threads and also the prizes are not bigger as the events on the webpage
      • Do you want to see more broadcasting in game about the events? Sincerly ,  no (If we really want to participate in an event , we better check out the webpage
      • Do you want to see more GM involvement? How? Yes , a better report-ban action and a faster reponse to our support and admin tickets
      • If you have suggestions for new types of events please feel free to post them here. Another ,,spin the wheel"event or another instantly lotery event
    • Feedback on prizes.
      • How do you like the balance of GP to items, would you like to see more of one or the other? It's nice if we see new exclusives prizes like the dual D.E. or ak47 gold or other...
      • GP Items vs GP guns?         CLEARLY GUNS
    • Suggestions for prizes.
      • Please have reasonable expectations for prizes. Special guns and clearly some capsules (1rp capsule and 5 gp capsules)
      • Take into account the types of prizes we have had in the past when making your suggestions. ak47 gold or lotus grenade

Top 10 Contributor
    Male
    Posts 5,934

GMDuchess:

What do you like about the events?

I like that the GMs try to integrate theirself in the community. Different from other games I know, the GMs here really care about the community. I really appreciate this.

GMDuchess:

Which ones your favorite?

Just as the others here I also like the "Ask the GM's ALMOST anything" the most. Its really funny and I like that ALL the questions are answered. Even if many people just ask any stupid thing just to get the price I still think its a good chance to get more active forumers in here

GMDuchess:

What do you not like?

Again I have to agree with the posts above. The "GMs jump into players rooms" event is totally based on luck. Better keep the way you did it at the beginning. GMs open rooms and players have to find them. I hope you will think about this

GMDuchess:

Do you like that they are weekly?

Yea, I think its nice cause not every player can participate on this events (may they dont have time or they miss it). If this is weekly players always have the chance to have  fun with this events

GMDuchess:

Do you like that they are on the forums?

Sure I do. This is a great chance to promote the forums. Atm we only have (just my opinion) about 50 active forumers. This is way too less compared to other games with this amount of players. I'd like to see a great mix of forum and ingame events

GMDuchess:

Do you want to see more broadcasting in game about the events?

Im not sure about this. On the one hand I would say it helps to get new people to the forums, but on the other hand I think it should be a reward for people who go the the forums unsolicited.

GMDuchess:

Do you want to see more GM involvement? How?

I personally would like to see more GMs ingame. I know you have many things to do, which you have to do off game (this seems to be the opposite of ingame :D ). Since we know we have about 30 GMs in this game, I wonder why I only see 7 of them ingame. You remember the screenshot event at the beginning of CF EU? You had to take a screenshot if you see the GMs ingame and post it on the forums. I saw some GMs at this time who I never saw again after it.

I'd also like to see more different events. The events we currently have just repeatedly held.

GMDuchess:

If you have suggestions for new types of events please feel free to post them here.

I'd like to see an event where people can talk to the GMs. Not write with them talk. Maybe via teamspeak, mumble, ventrilo or skype. This would be amazing and would make the cohesion between community and GMs much bigger.

GMDuchess:

How do you like the balance of GP to items, would you like to see more of one or the other?

GP Items vs GP guns?      

+

Suggestions for prizes.

Just keep it as it is. Even if some people here will say "give us RP for the events". I think the prices are fair. 3-5k GP and/or an item. I personally would like if you would handle out little RP items, not RP itself. Maybe 1 or 2 revive tokens or exp plus 50% for 1 day.

All in all I really appreciate that you care this much about the prosper of our community. Keep this on!

/ ShadY

Goodbye CF EU

- A deep connection to someone is rare, value it! 

Top 25 Contributor
    Posts 2,151

MegaMaster15:

Which ones your favorite? ,,Spin the wheel" event

The "Spin the wheel event" isnt' a GM event O.o

MegaMaster15:

I don't like the screenshots contest because it's hard to take the perfect photo

They are not contests. You win by participation.

MegaMaster15:

Do you want to see more GM involvement? How? Yes , a better report-ban action and a faster reponse to our support and admin tickets

That as nothing to do with the GM events.

MegaMaster15:

How do you like the balance of GP to items, would you like to see more of one or the other? It's nice if we see new exclusives prizes like the dual D.E. or ak47 gold or other...

Suggestions for prizes.  Please have reasonable expectations for prizes. Special guns and clearly some capsules (1rp capsule and 5 gp capsules)
    Take into account the types of prizes we have had in the past when making your suggestions. ak47 gold or lotus grenade

The Dual D.E., the AK-Gold and the Lotus grenade are way to good to give as a reward just for participation. They used to be in Crystal/Boss boxes.

1 RP capsule is too much. 5 GP capsules is too much, it's about 17000 GP.

Top 25 Contributor
    Male
    Posts 1,326

GMDuchess:

• What do you like about the events? I love it in general to be able to get in touch with GM's, no matter whether it's a part of an event or not. So I guess that's the biggest 'benefit' there for me.
        Which ones your favorite? Hm... "Show of new patch content" I guess, as there are some REALLY creative entries sometimes. However, "GM's jump into player rooms" is fairly great as well, although I usually can't participate as I have no spare time on thursdays. I also love "Ask GM's anything", so yeah... I don't have one favorite event. 
    •  
      • What do you not like? Read additional suggestion below.
      • Do you like that they are weekly? Yes, that's fine. While 'more' (especially in-game wise) would be great of course, I like it the way it is. I don't miss anything there.
      • Do you like that they are on the forums? As a native forumer, of course.
      • Do you want to see more broadcasting in game about the events? Well... Broadcasting GM events doesn't make much sense in my opinion, I'd rather participate than watch the action. However, broadcasting for competitive matches would be great.
      • Do you want to see more GM involvement? How? -
      • If you have suggestions for new types of events please feel free to post them here. Maybe some kind of video contests from time to time (not on a weekly base, but maybe every two-three months. It'd be pretty cool, too. I think we had only one video contest so far which was at Halloween 2011 - yet I think they are a good way for the community to check out cool video content and also for YouTubers to find a new audience.
    • Feedback on prizes.
      • How do you like the balance of GP to items, would you like to see more of one or the other? No, it's fine in my opinion. If you'd just participate for prizes, then you usually don't need to do anything except for posting a sentence or a picture, which isn't hard after all. Prizes are fine. --applies for any question regarding prizes-- 

And what I'd also love to see, especially for screenshot contests, is a 'winner'. The best post, the most creative one, or whatever. That guy could receive a small special prize (e.g. temporary, event exclusive weapons like M4A1 Pink, XM8 Spring etc.) for a couple of days. I'd love that!

Report hackers l Endo Profile l CFEU News
    I
    GN: FearTheSun // inactive for a while.

Top 25 Contributor
    Posts 2,151

Foxkry:

FearTheSun:

And what I'd also love to see, especially for screenshot contests, is a 'winner'. The best post, the most creative one, or whatever. That guy could receive a small special prize (e.g. temporary, event exclusive weapons like M4A1 Pink, XM8 Spring etc.) for a couple of days. I'd love that!

Yeha a winner for every week, the week winner would win a 7 day exclusive item *-*

The winner would have a choice to win either an special Item or weapon, the choices could be something like,

Since it´s going to be spring, a weapon of choice from the spring set or an exclusive Namecard of a country or an item... Like an hat *-* I would love to get more days of cake hat *-* ( since i only have one more mounth left <.<)

An witch hat or gladiator would be awesome *-*

+1

Top 10 Contributor
    Posts 3,687

I really enjoyed both previous 'Best screenshot' events, not only because I won them but because I love taking nice screenshots that could 'tell some story' or mean something else than a pure random in game moment like most of these screenshots in current events are.

Personally this would make me a lot more creative when it comes to screenshots and I bet it would for all other players too.

Most of the other stuff I already said to Duchess and I don't feel like typing them again unless it is really necessary.

Not Ranked
    Posts 2

my IGN is *Demulator* and that is a top secret room ^^

Top 10 Contributor
    Male
    Posts 5,934

Demulator:

my IGN is *Demulator* and that is a top secret room ^^

Srsly this is a suggestion thread. what does this matter to the questions Duchess asked? I guess you missed the right thread. But it would also be wrong in the "Post your best patch related screenshot" thread because this is not patch related. The Screenshot event is already over btw :)

/ ShadY

Goodbye CF EU

- A deep connection to someone is rare, value it! 

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

Google Analytics Alternative