Crossfire Europe

Fuse CFEU with CFNA

Bookmark and Share

This post has 42 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,549

Why it would be good to merge the two versions:
+ Bigger playerbase
+ One version, which makes it easier to manage (content, patches, bugs)
+ No more MERGE PLEASE comments

Difficulties:
~ Items that don't exist in one version, but do in the other
~ IGNs that are taken by active users in both versions
~ The amount of work that would have to be done to map every single player's inventory
        Could be eased by asking players to apply for the process, this way they wouldn't have to transfer accs from people that quit the game ages ago
~ Players with accs on both versions, they would have to merge their inventories
~ They would have to make a tool that will allow them to mass-add items to accounts, which WILL take a LOT of time and money
          First, they need to sync item codes for EU and NA, and triple check that nothing was left out. Then they'd have to make a tool read those values from a database they'd create and add it to the correct account(s). Which will take a lot more time and money than you think, and will cost even more if something goes wrong.
~ Let's talk money: Is it profitable to do that when you can just open registration on NA for all players now that you own the license for all regions?

Cons:
- Money
- All the difficulties mentioned above

+1, if it means anything 

4Real | Player Moderator

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 105

Entropyst:

Why it would be good to merge the two versions:
+ Bigger playerbase
+ One version, which makes it easier to manage (content, patches, bugs)
+ No more MERGE PLEASE comments

Difficulties:
~ Items that don't exist in one version, but do in the other
~ IGNs that are taken by active users in both versions
~ The amount of work that would have to be done to map every single player's inventory
        Could be eased by asking players to apply for the process, this way they wouldn't have to transfer accs from people that quit the game ages ago
~ Players with accs on both versions, they would have to merge their inventories
~ They would have to make a tool that will allow them to mass-add items to accounts, which WILL take a LOT of time and money
          First, they need to sync item codes for EU and NA, and triple check that nothing was left out. Then they'd have to make a tool read those values from a database they'd create and add it to the correct account(s). Which will take a lot more time and money than you think, and will cost even more if something goes wrong.
~ Let's talk money: Is it profitable to do that when you can just open registration on NA for all players now that you own the license for all regions?

Cons:
- Money
- All the difficulties mentioned above

+1, if it means anything 

Very very good explaination. Well done.
Yeah, thats the problem..

But Im not even sure if comparing these games would be a good Idea..
Well nevermind, this is not going to happen anyways!

CrossFire Europe since 2011:D

Ingame: .SE7EN

Discord(CFEU): .SE7EN

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,679

https://forum.gamerage.com/crossfire/forums/p/47331/223584.aspx#223584

Funny is, the ones wanting it now, are people who didnt want it back then.

Im happy we are in the same side for once guys. 

+1 from me and i have said everything about this topic many times.

🐎🐎🐎🐮🐱🐮🐱🐃🦊🐎🐮🦌🐯🐱🐯🦊🐏🐴🦌🐹🐿🐹🕊🐦🦅🐾🦅🐾🐣🐻🐪🐿🐀🐔🐥🐦🕷🐙🐛🕷🦑🦀🦑🐳🐞🐉🐟🐉🐍🐛🐲🐜🦋🐛🕸🐉🦐🌴🌲🍂☘🍃🌿🌻🌿🌷🦂🏵🌺🌲☘🌵😉☺😙🙄🙄😑🤗🙄🤔😊😘😆😎😆🙂😣😗🏙🗻🏥🏘🗻🏙🌋🏦🌋🏚🏛🏝🏗

IGN : t4sos

Not Ranked
Posts 27

+1

This is possible however, it would be very difficult and time consuming for Smilegate. 

The very first thing Smilegate needs to decide will be if they want to transfer weapons which are in CFEU but not in CFNA. If they do decide to transfer weapons which CFEU have but is not in CFNA, they will have to add all the weapons in 1-2 updates on CFNA. If not, then CFEU players will lose those weapons however, it will make it easier for the transfer. 

So now we need to know what is possible to be transferred:

- Account information (Email, ID & PW).

- Perm Weapons

- Perm Characters

- ZP/GP

For IGNs, it will not be possible to transfer IGNs to CFNA. CFEU players will most likely have to create a new IGN on CFNA. Everything else will not be transferred such as temp items, crates etc etc

The best way to do this will be to make players apply for the process. If a player wants their account to be transferred to CFNA, they will have to click on the apply button so Smilegate West knows which accounts need to be transferred. This makes the process a lot easier since not all the accounts on CFEU will be transferred. It will be less time consuming. 

After a period of time, SG gathers all the CFEU accounts which opt for transferring to CFNA. Each game client has different IDs for weapons and such. SG has to either manually match the content IDs from each game client or they will have to create a tool which allows them to do that. I'm not too sure if it's possible to create a tool to match the content from both versions since the tool will have to distinguish between the two versions. I think it will most likely be better to manually do this in order to make sure that it is 100% correct. 

Once they have the list which covers all the transferable content, they will now need to make another tool which will apply this to the CFNA database. Once this is done, the player will probably have to reset their password just to be on the safe side and will have to create a new IGN.

This is basically the short version of how this *COULD* go. This is of course that it goes without any issues and there will most likely be some issues surrounding this because nothing goes to plan. :P

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,549

abel95:
Everything else will not be transferred such as temp items

Some people have items for longer periods of time, with the most obvious and important one being bulletproof :/
I don't think people would mind if they lost their 7023d Hot Blooded Merc NT, but a 2 year vest and helm would be a significant loss.
Among those high-value temp items I'd also add Smoke Helmet, Flash Goggles, C4 Kit, Extra Nades, Extra Bags (I have Bag4 for 6243 days just from GP caps, and I'm not the only one), among others.
As well they would have to see what they'll do with different item codes, because right now we have 2-3 stacks fo Respawn Tokens and Hypos.

4Real | Player Moderator

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,036

Entropyst:
Some people have items for longer periods of time, with the most obvious and important one being bulletproof :/
I don't think people would mind if they lost their 7023d Hot Blooded Merc NT, but a 2 year vest and helm would be a significant loss.
Among those high-value temp items I'd also add Smoke Helmet, Flash Goggles, C4 Kit, Extra Nades, Extra Bags (I have Bag4 for 6243 days just from GP caps, and I'm not the only one), among others.
As well they would have to see what they'll do with different item codes, because right now we have 2-3 stacks fo Respawn Tokens and Hypos.

Personally, I'd already be happy if all my RP weapons and VVIP items were transferred. 

Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 362

Hey everyone!

definitely +1 

I have been dreaming merging my cfeu account with my already existing cfna acc... Headshot! this would be sooo sweet

http://crossfire.gamerage.com/EN/Ranking/PlayerInfo/105160493

http://crossfire.z8games.com/profile/8236799

Bad thing is, everyone coming from eu version will get tired of egys real soon, believe me

IGN: Chaos

CF Europe, CF North America

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,036

GhostGR:
Bad thing is, everyone coming from eu version will get tired of egys real soon, believe me

As long as I can play with my EU bro's I wouldn't really mind, I'm getting flamed on a daily basis anyways.. 

off topic: nice accounts my dude

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,036

In my opinion it would be most favorable if SG West opened registration for EU players. A EU player would than create a NA account and choose a IGN (this would eliminate the problem of a IGN not being available in NA).

Than a player would login on the EU site with his EU account and request a transfer through support, to confirm the transfer a player has to login with his NA account (the one he created or a already existing NA account). 

The only problem that than exists is the transfer of items itself. Which, as mentioned before, is the most time and money consuming.

But I believe a tool for this can be made and MOD's could help the GM's in linking the EU item codes to the NA ones (I think the MOD's are prepared to do so). 

It is true the merger would cost a fair amount of money but considering the net worth of the Crossfire enterprise I believe a budget for this could be made, the only question that rests is if the Developers would be prepared to invest in the sake of keeping the EU community intact.

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 210

Omg yes. Give this guy an oscar! please let's do it.

MrMadskillz:

In my opinion it would be most favorable if SG West opened registration for EU players. A EU player would than create a NA account and choose a IGN (this would eliminate the problem of a IGN not being available in NA).

Than a player would login on the EU site with his EU account and request a transfer through support, to confirm the transfer a player has to login with his NA account (the one he created or a already existing NA account). 

The only problem that than exists is the transfer of items itself. Which, as mentioned before, is the most time and money consuming.

But I believe a tool for this can be made and MOD's could help the GM's in linking the EU item codes to the NA ones (I think the MOD's are prepared to do so). 

It is true the merger would cost a fair amount of money but considering the net worth of the Crossfire enterprise I believe a budget for this could be made, the only question that rests is if the Developers would be prepared to invest in the sake of keeping the EU community intact.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,036

iMpWezzye:
Omg yes. Give this guy an oscar! please let's do it.

hat

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,036

MrMadskillz:

Another thing I'd like to add to this that might even simplify the process even more: GM's can release a Excel file in which players can personally list all the items/weapons in their inventory including if it's permanent or not and if not the duration of the item. If not permanent, the item duration should always be listed in days so you won't have a chance of the item expiring before the transfer request is filed. 

Instead of having to manually input everything the GM's would than just have to check the file. To make sure the players properly input their data in the Excel file is the tricky part. The GM's could fine or demote a player of transfer when too many mistakes are spotted. 

Once a list of all the EU items also available in NA is made and the numbers are matched, this list can be released on forum, so players can also input the item codes in their inventory Excel file. 

Not Ranked
Posts 1

This should be a good idea... I don't know what else EU has to do to bring back more people...  The lag and freeze is unreal most of the times this fuse will save us and make our gameplay more enjoyable.. +1 without hesitate

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 137

The most hard part in my opinion that none had taken it to consideration are unopened capsules in every player storage at capsule shop..

The only way i can think of getting rid of this problem is to make the player who want to transfer the account to spin them.

─▄████▄▄░
▄▀█▀▐└─┐░░ IGN:XxxkreasxxX
█▄▐▌▄█▄┘██
└▄▄▄▄▄┘███
██▒█▒███▀

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,036

xxxkreasxxx:

The most hard part in my opinion that none had taken it to consideration are unopened capsules in every player storage at capsule shop..

The only way i can think of getting rid of this problem is to make the player who want to transfer the account to spin them.

I agree it would suck to lose all these coupons but it's a sacrifice me (and I think everyone else) is willing to take. 

Page 2 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

Google Analytics Alternative