Official Crossfire Europe Forum The Future of Crossfire EU - Crossfire Europe Forum
Crossfire Europe

The Future of Crossfire EU

Bookmark and Share

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
3 Posts
ichmagforene posted on 06-19-2018 13:15

Hey, it's the very first time I use the forum and i dont know if this question was asked already.

If not, I'd like to have certainty if the rumors I heard are true.

As we already know, Smilegate West is leading CF EU now. 

We also know that CF EU is slowly dying out (and this makes me really sad!), if there's a good day we maybe reach 2 full Channels.

I was discussing with a few friends of me and some of them told me that Crossfire EU is going to merge with Crossfire NA. 

In my opinion, this is the best way to handle the current situation of Crossfire EU and I'd really like to see this happen. 

I mean Crossfire NA has a big community and they won't actually notice it that much if we EU player will be part of them. On the other hand, it will be amazing for the European player to get involved to such a big community and the motivation of playing Crossfire will increase again (because in the last few months i saw the community of EU shrinking more and more).

I'd like to see what the European community thinks about it and looking forward to read some oppinions.

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 50 Contributor
941 Posts
Verified by Entropyst

Hello,

Any game will eventually not be played enough anymore, so hosting servers for a game in that state does not make economical sense.

As far as the rumors are concerned: These are just rumors aimed to shoot negativity towards the CFEU community and staff. They are not true, unless Smilegate West (or future publishers) say otherwise.

A merge is unlikely to happen, as it's far more complicated than you think, however not able to discuss any details.

Smilegate Moderator

All Replies

Top 50 Contributor
941 Posts
Verified by Entropyst

Hello,

Any game will eventually not be played enough anymore, so hosting servers for a game in that state does not make economical sense.

As far as the rumors are concerned: These are just rumors aimed to shoot negativity towards the CFEU community and staff. They are not true, unless Smilegate West (or future publishers) say otherwise.

A merge is unlikely to happen, as it's far more complicated than you think, however not able to discuss any details.

Smilegate Moderator

Top 50 Contributor
Male
990 Posts

Now... one can actually have a serious thoughs that a merge will happen. Why? Well... SG West is on board now. In a long stretch a possible merge might follow. I see it as a very possible thing, I know, I know its really complicated to do. BUT! It might just happen to preserve the EU community.

When such questions first arised I was highly skeptical but now... it feels like the next logical step to be done. Instead of completely closing EU - a merge to save the remaining EU players...

IGN - WinstonBG

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

Google Analytics Alternative