Official Crossfire Europe Forum Getting low FPS on a decent setup - Crossfire Europe Forum
Crossfire Europe

Getting low FPS on a decent setup

Bookmark and Share

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
8 Posts
kNUUBx3 posted on 06-04-2018 20:59

Hello ppl.

I'm currently having the problem that I only get between 120 to 210 FPS, no matter how big the lobby is. Even while standing still watching the ground I still seem to get way to less FPS.

I'm playing on a desktop PC with;

Ryzen 5 1600 non OC

AMD RX 480 8gb STRIX

16GB DDR4 RAM

CPU and GPU usage are under 10% while beeing ingame, drivers are up to date, temps are fine aswell.

GPU clock is between 800 to 1,2k while beeing ingame.

Even changing the game setting didn't help a bit.

To compare; in for example CS:GO im getting on max quality on 1080p about 400-900 FPS

So this seems a bit wierd to me.

Any suggestions ?

Yours faithfully,

Felix.

All Replies

Not Ranked
37 Posts

Hello not sure what it can be but notice that cf is locked to about 230 fps I guess

Top 50 Contributor
933 Posts

If you had an intel CPU the FPS would be more stable. In general some games are optimized better with intel, but CF really is an exception out of the ordinary because it's way better on intel than AMD. I'm not saying it's worth changing to intel because of this, I don't think that would be wise.

To me though it's always smooth even if it's not always 200, I don't notice anything weird and I'm using a 144 Hz monitor.

I have an AMD rig too, R5 1400 and R9 380

Smilegate Moderator

Not Ranked
8 Posts

Citru:

If you had an intel CPU the FPS would be more stable. In general some games are optimized better with intel, but CF really is an exception out of the ordinary because it's way better on intel than AMD. I'm not saying it's worth changing to intel because of this, I don't think that would be wise.

To me though it's always smooth even if it's not always 200, I don't notice anything weird and I'm using a 144 Hz monitor.

Yeah, i guess CrossFire needs more single core performance, but still, I feel like i'm getting way to less FPS, even compared to your setup I probably should be atleast 15-20 FPS above yours.

Even with my overclocked RX480 settings im getting the same results. really wierd.I

Top 50 Contributor
933 Posts

kNUUBx3:

Citru:

Yeah, i guess CrossFire needs more single core performance, but still, I feel like i'm getting way to less FPS, even compared to your setup I probably should be atleast 15-20 FPS above yours.

Even with my overclocked RX480 settings im getting the same results. really wierd.I

So bascally, 'our' Ryzen's are matching Intel's single core in their i7 4770. And to reach 200 FPS it really doesn't take much. Its just that CF heavily favors Intel.

Your GPU is like twice as fast as mine so yeah, it's certain where the problem is coming from.

By the way. Use an external FPS counter, because pressing TAB in-game will actually lower your FPS. It's never been an accurate indicator. 

Smilegate Moderator

Not Ranked
37 Posts

Im using laptop with i5 not good but not bad and I have 170-230 fps and I feel game is smoothly so I think as I said before beast PC vs any good i5 there is not any difference between it because cf is locked about 200 fps

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

Google Analytics Alternative