Official Crossfire Europe Forum suggestion for 3.0 if it'll even be a thing - Crossfire Europe Forum
Crossfire Europe

suggestion for 3.0 if it'll even be a thing

Bookmark and Share

rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 123
damoh Posted: 05-08-2018 14:43 | Locked

the noblock feature is necessary im sick of being blocked or pushed tryna sniper make it so u can walk through teammates i.e "noblock"

IGN:Adrenaline

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,549
Entropyst replied on 05-08-2018 15:10 | Locked

The term you are looking for is player collision.

-1 from me.
There places where collision is mandatory, like Mutation Mode (otherwise the soldiers would get swarmed instantly).
-1 in regular modes because it would really mess with the gameplay. And it looks awful when you accidentally clip through someone. 

4Real | Player Moderator

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,036
MrMadskillz replied on 05-08-2018 15:46 | Locked

Entropyst:

The term you are looking for is player collision.

-1 from me.
There places where collision is mandatory, like Mutation Mode (otherwise the soldiers would get swarmed instantly).
-1 in regular modes because it would really mess with the gameplay. And it looks awful when you accidentally clip through someone. 

Can't agree more, -1 for me. Just watch where you're stepping shame

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,096
WinstonBG replied on 05-08-2018 21:37 | Locked

If I'm not mistaken the correct term is semi-clip.

+1 frome me

I agree there are modes (not places) where this is not needed and it can easily be programmed to not be used.

+1 in regular modes first and mostly bcuz it's extremely painful to be stuck/pushed on ladders or completely bumped into a wall and the next thing you see is you are falling out of bounds of the map and die. One more thing - count how many times you have been blocked under heavy fire and died bcuz some teammate decided it will be such fun to stick his gun right in your back.

One last thing. Make it optional. If the host wants it - he enables it.

IGN - WinstonBG

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,036
MrMadskillz replied on 05-09-2018 9:38 | Locked

WinstonBG:
the next thing you see is you are falling out of bounds of the map and die

This is not intended to happen with player collision. But you're right, it happens because of player collision. 

WinstonBG:
One more thing - count how many times you have been blocked under heavy fire and died bcuz some teammate decided it will be such fun to stick his gun right in your back.

It's all part of the game, you should always keep in mind where you team mates are standing and prevent yourself from getting in a scenario like this.Players are just like objects in game, it wouldn't make sense if you could just walk right through them.. 

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 123
damoh replied on 05-09-2018 12:40 | Locked

ok thats a really stupid answer there is no avoiding this on egypt teammates will keep u locked in position until u get hardscoped :/  they will also walk backwards when theyre supposed to leave spawn and theyll block the whole team resulting in a n easy spawn kill farm multikill for enemy team 

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 123
damoh replied on 05-09-2018 12:54 | Locked

hold on a second have you even played that mode the only thing collision is used for is to block players i.e mutant blocking other mutants from accessing ladders and high positions :/ it is being abused in that mode more than any 

P.S: utmost if i see u in a game i will blocking you since ur soo pro about it just have to watch where ur stepping like u said when im running right into ur player rigged model we'll see :) not all of us enjoy spraying weapons some of us actually snipe and being blocked by players that cant move is rly annoying

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 123
damoh replied on 05-09-2018 12:58 | Locked

+1 for the optional feature that way the players for and against get to play however they want

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,096
WinstonBG replied on 05-09-2018 21:07 | Locked

MrMadskillz:

WinstonBG:
the next thing you see is you are falling out of bounds of the map and die

This is not intended to happen with player collision. But you're right, it happens because of player collision. 

WinstonBG:
One more thing - count how many times you have been blocked under heavy fire and died bcuz some teammate decided it will be such fun to stick his gun right in your back.

It's all part of the game, you should always keep in mind where you team mates are standing and prevent yourself from getting in a scenario like this.Players are just like objects in game, it wouldn't make sense if you could just walk right through them.. 

It doesn't happen bcuz of player collision. It happens cuz of developers being incapable of fixing it.

I always keep in mind where my team is. Thing is... far too many of them DON'T mind where I am. Are you suggesting to camp all the time to avoid being blocked? :)

Being a long time CS1.6 player who played a lot on custom made servers with semi-clip no one complained about that. I understand that without it the game is kinda more realistic but tell me honestly how many times u have cursed on blockers?

IGN - WinstonBG

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,036
MrMadskillz replied on 05-11-2018 22:07 | Locked

WinstonBG:

Being a long time CS1.6 player who played a lot on custom made servers with semi-clip no one complained about that. I understand that without it the game is kinda more realistic but tell me honestly how many times u have cursed on blockers?

Well you do make a excellent point there. If semi clip, as you call it, would've been in CrossFire from the beginning in regular maps I wouldn't have complained at all. I played quite some NYF Sniper games back in the days and blocking really bothered my gameplay there, it did in most sniper maps to be exact.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,036
MrMadskillz replied on 05-11-2018 22:14 | Locked

damoh:
hold on a second have you even played that mode the only thing collision is used for is to block players i.e mutant blocking other mutants from accessing ladders and high positions :/ it is being abused in that mode more than any 

First of all, try using a little more . in your sentences in the future. Makes them a lot easier to read. Second of all, this thread was intended to suggest a on/off option for player collision in regular modes.

If players could deactivate player collision in mutation it would become incredibly easy to parkour in these modes. If you're running away from zombies most of the time player collision is the thing that stops you. 

damoh:
utmost if i see u in a game i will blocking you since ur soo pro about it just have to watch where ur stepping like u said when im running right into ur player rigged model we'll see :) not all of us enjoy spraying weapons some of us actually snipe and being blocked by players that cant move is rly annoying

lol do you even know me? I reached my last sniper badge when you were still trainee lol. I did already mention in my last post that I agree that player collision from time to time can be annoying in sniper modes. But that said it doesn't bother me as much as it did before.

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,096
WinstonBG replied on 05-12-2018 10:46 | Locked

I still think it should be optional. Host decides it on/off.

Short terminology: NoClip = player can move anywhere, thru walls, boxes, other players etc.

Semi-Clip = what we discuss here. :)

And guys... chill pls.

IGN - WinstonBG

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 123
damoh replied on 05-18-2018 1:36 | Locked

oh really kid i was playing NA since 2007 :/ until CF made it mandatory for Irish players (which btw is right next to the UK) to use EU.The only mode I was concerned about regard the "semi-clip" is TDM too many spawners blocking on Egypt and you go off on a rant about predator?

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,036
MrMadskillz replied on 05-18-2018 8:16 | Locked

damoh:

oh really kid i was playing NA since 2007 :/ until CF made it mandatory for Irish players (which btw is right next to the UK) to use EU.The only mode I was concerned about regard the "semi-clip" is TDM too many spawners blocking on Egypt and you go off on a rant about predator?

Don't take everything so freaking personal dude. You never said you weren't talking about mutation mode in your original post so maybe be a bit more clear the next time.

And what "rant" are you talking about? You were the one that started talking about blocking in mutation mode. I even said this thread was intended to suggest a on/off option of player collision in regular modes.

You should really read what you write more carefully.. ;)

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 194
IaLaMuje replied on 05-19-2018 9:33 | Locked

damoh:

oh really kid i was playing NA since 2007

I just logged in to say that u are thrash (with an h between t and r). in 2007 there was only cf korea, NA came 2 years later.

Also if u want some beef i can always beef with no name kids that have big mouth but are brainless baboons 24/7. IGN: SeKta 

Catch me outside as bhad bhabie says.

Regarding the suggestion: I feel it is alright as it is but that's just my opinion, and that is for all modes not just regular such as SD/TD/FFA. 

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

Google Analytics Alternative