Crossfire Europe

FPS lag fix?

Bookmark and Share

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
5 Posts
BodybuilderB posted on 03-04-2018 22:21

So I've been reading all these threads about the ''out of memory'' error and FPS lag and stuff.

So I don't get the ''out of memory'' error anymore for some reason,but i still get extreme FPS lag. The game runs fine for the first 12 minutes or so, after I've turned the PC on, but after that it drops down to 19-23fps and gets stuck at it for a few minutes. That is irritating because it's literally unplayable. 

Someone needs to optimize CF, because even on a GTX 1060 I get 20 fps. I can run Battlefield at 60 fps with a 100hz screen.

Another thing I want to ask is how I can break the FPS cap, because my screen's refreshrate is 100hz, and my fps is locked at 100, while that's not the case with other games i play. I tried the MSI afterburner option, but didn't work.

Any tips?

All Replies

Top 50 Contributor
930 Posts

Hello, sorry to hear that you're having issues with the game.

First things first,

What's your full PC specs?

If you're unsure, please open command prompt and copy & paste & run (by pressing enter after paste) this text: 

systeminfo | findstr /B /C:"OS Name" /C:"OS Version" /C:"System Type" /C:"Total Physical Memory" /C:"Available Physical Memory" /C:"System Model" && wmic path Win32_VideoController get CurrentHorizontalResolution,CurrentVerticalResolution && wmic PATH Win32_videocontroller GET description | findstr /B /C:"GeForce" /C:"NVIDIA" /C:"AMD" /C:"GT" /C:"GTX" /C:"Intel" /C:"Radeon" && wmic PATH Win32_processor GET name | findstr /B /C:"Intel" /C:"AMD" && wmic cpu get MaxClockSpeed | findstr /B /C:"Max" /C:"1" /C:"2" /C:"3" /C:"4" 

Copy and paste what it echo's below

The FPS cap is around 200 FPS, there's no way to remove this cap, which leads me to believe that you have a running program limiting your FPS, such as RivaTuner, or forced Sync in your graphics control panel which overrides any in-game setting, because Crossfire doesn't force Sync.

Smilegate Moderator

Not Ranked
5 Posts

Hello,

My fps is limited to 99 ONLY on Crossfire. I can run Battlefield 1 & almost any other game with 1440p resolution (100hz) around 60-90 fps, but I have this issue ONLY on CF. 

I have tried all the usual suggestions, to improve the performance, which didn't help at all. With that I mean reinstalling, restarting and so on. I don't have this problem on my laptop, which has a GT 750m which is weird.

Here are my full specs:

GTX 1060 6GB

i5-7500 3.40GHZ CPU

8GB RAM

I have to note that if you believe it's my screen is causing the issue, I have to say that even when i played on my 60hz 1080p screen I still had terrible lags.

Top 50 Contributor
930 Posts

Thank you for getting back to me. :)

What monitor are you using, and are you able to push past 100 FPS in other games?

Are you playing in Windowed mode or Full screen? 

Have you checked if your Intel® HD Graphics 630 takes priority over your GTX 1060 when running Crossfire?

Try disabling your Intel® HD Graphics 630 and see if anything changes.

Smilegate Moderator

Not Ranked
5 Posts

Hi again

I'm using the AOC Agon AG352UCG. I can definetly get more than 100fps in other games, and I play in full screen mode.

Also, it seems the FPS issue has been solved, thanks to Nvidia's latest driver update.

But the ''out of memory'' problem still seems to be there, if I don't close down Nvidia GeForce.

Other than that, the game seems to be working fine now. If I could push past 99 fps it could be better, altough 99-100 is playable due to my screens refreshrate.

Top 50 Contributor
930 Posts

Ok, sounds great, thanks for the update!

if you need help with something don't hesitate to contact us again -  we're always happy and willing to help. 

Smilegate Moderator

Not Ranked
5 Posts

Thanks

Do you have any suggestions on how to increase the fps limit? I can get up to 180fps on my laptop, but 100 is the limit on my stationary. 

Top 50 Contributor
930 Posts

It could be gsync limiting your FPS. 

Smilegate Moderator

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS

Google Analytics Alternative