Official Crossfire Europe Forum Some questions for competitive play in CF - Crossfire Europe Forum
Crossfire Europe

Some questions for competitive play in CF

Bookmark and Share

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 2 verified answers | 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
6 Posts
magickkarp posted on 02-10-2018 14:37

Hey i'm coming back to CF from not playing for a long time and I am wondering if there is any way to lessen or remove the in game mouse acceleration. It would really help if i was going to play in tournaments etc.

If not could i somehow get the exact value of mouse accel and mouse deaccel (if there is any) [deleted - please don't talk about creating or using a program which will remove the mouse acceleration], since i played a lot of CSGO i am use to static logical mouse movement  and would make the game 100% more enjoyable to play.

And i have seen some similar questions on the forum with answers like ("have you checked your mouse software or tried another mouse") And my mouse, windows and my mouse software all have mouseaccel off. I know Crossfire has built in mouse accel i just wanna know if i could get a button in settings to deactivate it or something else.

Thanks for any help. :)

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 50 Contributor
913 Posts
Verified by Citru

It is not possible to remove the mouse acceleration. 

If you have questions about ESL CF, let us know by making a new thread and we will help you out! :)

Smilegate Moderator

Top 50 Contributor
913 Posts

magickkarp:
1: How and where do i find a decent team and how can you practice vs other teams?

This is your go to place to find a team to play with: https://forum.eslgaming.com/categories/crossfire-recruitment. If you would like to practise, you can ask in the ESL Discord server, though this is typically done by your team leader. Scrims are quite popular.

magickkarp:
2: How do you join a league?

A complete guide on how to register, signup, checkin and playing a cup can be found here.

magickkarp:
3: What settings and things do pros have and how do they deal with the mouse accel?

There's not really a standard go to setting, use what you're the most comfortable with. Players don't really care about the acceleration or limited mouse polling rate.

magickkarp:
4: What are current league formats and prices?

Current leagues are Friday Night Cup  (FNC - every friday) and Go4Crossfire (Go4 - every sunday). In prizes we have 690,000 RP and €2,100 monthly, though money prizes can only be won in Go4's.

Smilegate Moderator

All Replies

Top 50 Contributor
913 Posts
Verified by Citru

It is not possible to remove the mouse acceleration. 

If you have questions about ESL CF, let us know by making a new thread and we will help you out! :)

Smilegate Moderator

Top 75 Contributor
Male
692 Posts

Deactivating mouse acceleration would be a nice option for sure, since CF is a old game it probably won't be implemented though.

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans" rose        

Top 200 Contributor
Male
160 Posts

Would be great <3

IGN: elNi.[*].
"I wanted people to be able to talk to me about whatever, because trust means the world to me" ~Our beloved Kat <3
Sniper mode player, awm 4 life <3
Join us at Discord! :D https://discordapp.com/invite/CnkB7Zr

Top 500 Contributor
Male
110 Posts

+1 

ign: roasty

Not Ranked
6 Posts

Ok i have a few questions, i'm curious about joining a team since i played at a semi pro level in CSGO (ESEA Intermediate) and it's annoying and demotivating to get kicked for "cheating" every time you make a good play in public games.

1: How and where do i find a decent team and how can you practice vs other teams?

3: What settings and things do pros have and how do they deal with the mouse accel?

Thanks for the help! Though I'm a little confused by not allowing users to have their own mouse accel software configured in whatever way they like though but alright.

Any help would be very appreciated! :)

Top 50 Contributor
913 Posts

magickkarp:

This is your go to place to find a team to play with: https://forum.eslgaming.com/categories/crossfire-recruitment. If you would like to practise, you can ask in the ESL Discord server, though this is typically done by your team leader. Scrims are quite popular.

magickkarp:

A complete guide on how to register, signup, checkin and playing a cup can be found here.

magickkarp:

There's not really a standard go to setting, use what you're the most comfortable with. Players don't really care about the acceleration or limited mouse polling rate.

magickkarp:

Current leagues are Friday Night Cup  (FNC - every friday) and Go4Crossfire (Go4 - every sunday). In prizes we have 690,000 RP and €2,100 monthly, though money prizes can only be won in Go4's.

Smilegate Moderator

Not Ranked
6 Posts

Thank you! That's all i need to know, quick and brief response! :)

Top 50 Contributor
913 Posts

magickkarp:

Thank you! That's all i need to know, quick and brief response! :)

Great!

Let us know if you would like to learn more. :)

Smilegate Moderator

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS

Google Analytics Alternative