This post has 23 Replies | 2 Followers

qwanli
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 47
qwanli Posted: 12-14-2012 9:42 PM

Normal 0 false false false EN-AU X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Boxes, Boxes, Boxes!

So, you have just gotten to lvl 40, a newbie you are. Anyways you have heard that you need 300k galders in order to advance to the much anticipated 2nd job.  Someone informs you that level up gift boxes will more than cover the cost of the job advancement.. so you take their word.

The same thing happens when you reach level 50, except this time you wish to save for equipment that you see as superior. Level 100! Same story except you really need 3 million to reach third job for the first time. Everyone is fond of these moments; the struggle being relieved by the gaining of these gift boxes.

Now, imagine a world where these are not tradable! Suddenly that struggling newbie has not a clue how to get 300k. Items can only be sold to the npc for a few hundred each. You will need a few thousand of them to get 300k. You try begging, even though your morals are completely against the idea. So you have to embarrass yourself in front of many higher levelled people who only wish to troll you... an hour wasted. The 3 million that you need is even worse. You may only have been playing for 2 weeks and you are unable to leave the computer on at night to vend due to parents.. Besides you do not want that electricity bill to skyrocket from having the computer on all night... and the computer needs a rest at some point.

Now as you grow your way up and learn more and more about the game you find that there are things that you would love to progress through the game. You are growing impatient of your walking speed so you buy yourself a lvl 140 or lvl 40 gb. The newbie who is vending it catches you buying it and even though they do not who bought it, there is a big grin on their face as they are now able to advance to 2nd job. You on the other hand can wizz through the fields at a breakneck pace and hunt your items at a faster rate. By then, item droprate is significantly less and you wish to be able to move from monster to monster at a quick rate.

After this you want to have a go at grinding. You thus buy yourself a lvl 100/180B gift box and put on a bracer. This lets you gain experience at a fast rate. The seller also is able to increase their funds. And finally, you wish to try your luck at compounding. You have the most amazing equipment. You thus buy yourself some lvl up gifts boxes and take a chance at getting elixers for higher compounds.

So to put things short, boxes that we receive as rewards have a use beyond just opening them. Not everyone finds their contents attractive, however when sold for a more versatile commodity (money) these boxes go beyond their use. This gives players who both need and do not need the contents a chance to have the goods they want. This is why 10s to 100s of them are sold every day but vendors. These boxes are one of the fundamental sectors of our economy. Other things include fuses, equipment and chaos feathers. If we have an oil shock, gasoline goes up causing pain to the economy. If we have a box shock, the economy will have a huge shock. New players will struggle to advance jobs and older players will be unhappy with an unstable economy.

If they were untradeable in the first place, then we do not need to speculate about the future. However taking away something we have grown to be comfortable with is another story. Imagine having our computer, phones, plasma screen televisions taken away. Would you settle for a cathode ray tube. Or another way to put it if you were to see a bunch of starving children on the street and you really wanted to give them food but you were not allowed to even if you had the money.

So what would you do, if you lost what you have grown to love? A few people may have done the wrong thing however punishing everyone for the wrong doings of a select few is not the way to go about it.

Thanks for considering.

(we know you are reading.)

And to fill people in.. there have been rumours about a certain thing happening the all giftboxes. This comes from an announcement that was leaked. It has not officially been posted, so we are hoping it is just a draft just incase the plans are put forward.

Going to put a poll here too.

Should all levelling gift boxes be untradable?

• Yes they should be untradable (5.4%)
  • Only the purple ones (5.4%)
  • None at all, all tradedable (89.2%)
  • Total Votes: 37
fromdash
Not Ranked
Posts 4
fromdash replied on 12-14-2012 10:08 PM

The fact that giftboxes have been tradeable for eons highly suggest that these benefits that have been mentioned was a sound concept, and was one that had been accepted by both the community as well as the staff of Trickster. It is unfortunate that the recent events which involved abusing certain rewards from leveling up have "caused" for such drastic actions; but it is even more unfortunate that a way to prevent this problem, without jeopardizing the only access to items such as sprints, elixirs, etc. that free players have, has not been sought.

I feel as if the Trickster team have not given the effort to reach a sensible solution that does not involve punishing players who have done no wrong; this may not be the case, but the actions taken seem to support my assumptions.

D:

GERMAN SUPPLEEEXXXXX!

AdamLambert
Not Ranked
Posts 25
AdamLambert replied on 12-14-2012 10:09 PM

I don't know if the GMs realize what a devastating effect making level up boxes untradable is going to have on the economy and community. After gameguard this game can not take another huge blow like this...

Since it has not been posted OFFICIALLY I am holding out a little hope the GMs have reconsidered....Please just fix the Party Quest glitch, ban the abusers and let us trade our boxes. :( 

princeeric
Not Ranked
Male
Posts 68

These gift boxes are essential to everyone on Trickster, whether you need the item, or need to vend for Galders. These gift boxes have always been tradeable for as long as I've played Trickster, which was almost 5 years. Punishing Trickster as a whole for a few people abusing a glitch that can be fixed is crazy! Plus, the trickster economy relies on selling gift boxes. These gift boxes make everything easier for everyone on Trickster. Let us trade gift boxes as we please!

kanokan
Not Ranked
Posts 2

I'mma completely reliant off ingame means. No trade-able purple lv up boxes means I cant refine/compound my stuff to satisfactory results :'3

*when I was nub. I looted tap1 for my galders ;3

Sheimi
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,962

They should all be tradeable. I'm very disappointed that the Trickster staff would let some abusers ruin things for the ENTIRE playerbase. People relied on these giftboxes for sprints, elixirs, store-more permits, powders, and other things. And now, so many years later when it's become a staple for people, you decide to make them untradeable because you apparently can't fix a glitch like this, bringing down the entire community. This is a huge blow to a game that is already on its last limb, with GameGuard errors and all these other game bugs running rampant.

People are really upset over this, including myself, and I don't even use the GBs for any of these items. Though I have had many friends who relied on them for a lot of things and it would probably have been very upsetting for them.. if they haven't quit the game already.

Ikadea
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128

Time for some pros and cons, ladies and gentlemen!

Pros:

Well, everyone already gave them, so I don't know how much more my opinion will really affect this.

Cons:

We all hate them, but they seem to be very unavoidable. I'm sorry, but these have to be addressed as well if no one else will.

The fact that we have 3 character slots and the easy ability to create and delete characters have made it easier for people to abuse it. They create characters, shooting them to lvl. 40 and/or lvl. 100 and then gaining the boxes. After that, the users are free to delete them and do the process all over again. Because of this "revelation," it has corrupted the economy to an extent and it could be the one reason why giftboxes will supposedly become untradeable. What should REALLY be fixed is the person's ability to create and delete characters on will. Instead of doing it immediately, there should be a time limit as to how long the character will stay before it gets permanently deleted. Not only does this slow down the abusive process, it helps people who may get hacked in the future.

Fix a user's ability to create and delete characters, not the giftboxes.

In my point of view, I say-- keep the gift boxes tradeable. Helps us users who don't use REAL money to get our hands on items we can get in-game.

Photobucket  Dark Lord Rezenar- A Potentate of the Rose

Doll base can be found here: http://www.kawaiihannah.com/pixelart/view/dollbases

magicaldream
Not Ranked
Posts 7

I agree with what qwanli said , and what I understand if there are abusers of a specific  glitch then punish those abusers or fix the glitch not to punish the whole community like that and destroy the economy even more. 

swordsman45
Not Ranked
Posts 23

Cons:

We all hate them, but they seem to be very unavoidable. I'm sorry, but these have to be addressed as well if no one else will.

The fact that we have 3 character slots and the easy ability to create and delete characters have made it easier for people to abuse it. They create characters, shooting them to lvl. 40 and/or lvl. 100 and then gaining the boxes. After that, the users are free to delete them and do the process all over again. Because of this "revelation," it has corrupted the economy to an extent and it could be the one reason why giftboxes will supposedly become untradeable. What should REALLY be fixed is the person's ability to create and delete characters on will. Instead of doing it immediately, there should be a time limit as to how long the character will stay before it gets permanently deleted. Not only does this slow down the abusive process, it helps people who may get hacked in the future.

Fix a user's ability to create and delete characters, not the giftboxes.

Actually, the gift boxes didn't cause the economy to inflate. Over the many years, prices for EVERYTHING went up. Gift boxes did go up, but not as much as other things. 

I don't see a problem with a user creating and deleting characters for giftboxes. If they didn't, you'd rarely see gift boxes for sale.

Ikadea
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128

swordsman45:

Actually, the gift boxes didn't cause the economy to inflate. Over the many years, prices for EVERYTHING went up. Gift boxes did go up, but not as much as other things. 

I don't see a problem with a user creating and deleting characters for giftboxes. If they didn't, you'd rarely see gift boxes for sale.

Regardless if it wasn't a cause, even the small things have huge changes to the economy. Like people selling things for like... 49,999,999 rather than just straight up 50m. Maybe it's not a big deal, but it looks so irritating to see so many 9s and what-not.

I don't see a problem either, but in due time, people will come to realize this IF giftboxes are kept tradeable.

Photobucket  Dark Lord Rezenar- A Potentate of the Rose

Doll base can be found here: http://www.kawaiihannah.com/pixelart/view/dollbases

Page 1 of 3 (24 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS