Giftbox Problem: Alternate solution?

Bookmark and Share

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower

AdamLambert
Not Ranked
Posts 25
AdamLambert Posted: 12-16-2012 9:05 AM

I think most of us know you're considering making level ups untradable because of the PQ glitch right?

If you forum people don't know, the glitch is basically low levels can join any PQ and get the "bum" exp. 

My suggestion is to change the EXP you get for party quests, so that if a player does not kill any monsters they do not get any experience. As of right now you get a little bit of exp no matter what....and thats how these low levels are leveling. If you just change it to 0 of they kill no monsters the problem is basically solved? This might be a little work reprogramming all the party quests but perhaps it would be easier than fixing the glitch? And seriously if you make giftboxes untradable it's going to really hurt the community. :( Thanks for listening... 

qwanli
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 47

+1

this should do the trick.

Ikadea
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128

I approve of this very much. It does get irritating to see people getting exp that you worked so hard on, killing everything in your path while someone just sits it out. :I

Photobucket  Dark Lord Rezenar- A Potentate of the Rose

Doll base can be found here: http://www.kawaiihannah.com/pixelart/view/dollbases

akoposijc01
Not Ranked
Posts 15

+1 also.

Who joins PQ for the EXP if they're not the ones killing? Generally, nobody. It's just for farming feathers.

JOHNGANT
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,743

AdamLambert:

I think most of us know you're considering making level ups untradable because of the PQ glitch right?

If you forum people don't know, the glitch is basically low levels can join any PQ and get the "bum" exp. 

My suggestion is to change the EXP you get for party quests, so that if a player does not kill any monsters they do not get any experience. As of right now you get a little bit of exp no matter what....and thats how these low levels are leveling. If you just change it to 0 of they kill no monsters the problem is basically solved? This might be a little work reprogramming all the party quests but perhaps it would be easier than fixing the glitch? And seriously if you make giftboxes untradable it's going to really hurt the community. :( Thanks for listening... 

You sir are a genius,  may i add to also let the killer receive the tag in the kill counter so low levels cant get the first hit in,  then a stronger character kills seeing as the low lv will mostlikely not beable to hit hard enough to do the final kill.

nikeos
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 293

JOHNGANT:

You sir are a genius,  may i add to also let the killer receive the tag in the kill counter so low levels cant get the first hit in,  then a stronger character kills seeing as the low lv will mostlikely not beable to hit hard enough to do the final kill.

+1 to OP's idea, however I disagree with this. There have been a couple situations where even I've had to tag and kill with another character and not one that was a newbie, mind you. If for some reason OP's idea was implemented and low levels could still do PQs intended for higher levels, just change the level minimum to whatever it is when they can no longer revive for free. They would likely die so often that it'd just be plain inconvenient to try and farm gbs this way.

TheCait
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,852

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm o.o

Since when is this 'bug' in effect? XD

I still have the normal level requirements for my PQs.... :/

Firefly/Serenity Guilds (Fant): English speaking, Daily players, Love randomness, eachocher, Open Minded, Friends Forever

AdamLambert
Not Ranked
Posts 25
AdamLambert replied on 12-17-2012 6:51 PM

You have to glitch it obviously it wont just happen. It's probably been in effect for a long time but the abusers lately just got more sloppy about it as word spread to more people. I know people as far back as a few weeks reporting it. 

shanni
Not Ranked
Posts 6

Best solution I've seen thus far.

GMs and players should take a look at this thread for the general opinion on untradable giftboxes: http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-announcements/119497-update-level-up-box.html

ssssss32
Not Ranked
Posts 2

This sounds like a more reasonable idea. If TO is unable to fix the glitch, or unable to ban these abusers, then this would probably be an easier alternative.

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS