Pangya

Pangya Monogatari Update

Bookmark and Share

rated by 0 users
This post has 46 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 876
jspamax replied on 04-26-2012 2:35 PM | Locked

I wouldn't even care if they raises the price a bit to buy the outright. Having any kind of Lottery is a Gamble and is actually kind of misleading. Berry, sweetie you spent over $200 on Boxes? This is the reason why we get lolboxes, the one more go factor.... I hope you enjoy your items though.

Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 501
JosephKoopa replied on 04-26-2012 3:33 PM | Locked

I should have known they would put these into Rigged Boxes... tense

It's still nice that we get a collaboration event... Just not in the way I expected it to be... I'll pass on this since my luck is terrible...

Lol...

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,394
TwinsLight replied on 04-26-2012 3:35 PM | Locked

jspamax:

is actually kind of misleading.

No, it isn't.  There is nothing misleading about having a lottery system.

It is, however, unappealing - more so because they cost points, and an atrocious amount of it at that.  5000 Points is bad - it costs more than a single Gacha coin, so you are essentially doubling the cost to pay exactly what you could obtain in Gacha and have two shots at it.  There's no value in these things.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
SomeLoser replied on 04-26-2012 4:15 PM | Locked

I don't understand why SGI is so close minded to just these stupid boxes.  Would it kill them to perhaps mix it up a bit?  A lot of people are going to be looking for the clubs as well as the outfits, why not just keep the super special stuff (clubs, comets, etc) to the boxes and the outfits to the store.  Best of both worlds.  When I first saw these outfits, I was ready to pay similar to the pajama event where is was either $20 or $30 an outfit.. and since I usually buy in duplicate for my girlfriend, it would have easily spend $100 on 4-5 outfits.  I would have even tried for the clubs to boot.  Instead, it turned into just a $5 one time slot pull, lost, done for the event. 

I understand a lot of the expenses that they must have to dish out between programmers, copyrights, overall staff, overhead, etc... but wouldn't having a bigger player base be just as profitable if not more?  I for one would be included in that group as I can recall easily spending a large amount of money on this game and playing it for hours on end.  Now, its turned into $5 every other month and I just pop on now and then to see the latest stuff and play a game or two.  I'm not asking you guys to give away the game, just stop screwing us over with a crappy product where a randomizer determines your fate.  My luck sucks as it is.  Let me spend my $30 on something I really want rather than these stupid $5 scratch tickets.

Have fun all,

Loser

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,479
chrisfian replied on 04-26-2012 6:38 PM | Locked

Comet was included in the rare pool? lol seriously?

you can directly purchase them in shop:S

tbh i am dissapointed in how they do this things.

if it was direct buy (20-25$ per set) i will recharge right after maintenance.

anyway, ill still try 1~4 boxes B just for the sake of trying. the money for the point however, will be only from free recharge. it will be less hurt that way

ohi thar~

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,394
TwinsLight replied on 04-26-2012 7:01 PM | Locked

chrisfian:

Are you saying this based off experience or are you saying this based off what the announcement said?

If the latter, then there is always the case where it's "just there" and not actually part of the box.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,479
chrisfian replied on 04-26-2012 7:35 PM | Locked

TwinsLight:

chrisfian:

Are you saying this based off experience or are you saying this based off what the announcement said?

If the latter, then there is always the case where it's "just there" and not actually part of the box.

from this

berryfluffy:

1st box - Hana 

3rd box - comets

5th box - Nell nadeshiko

7th box - Mascot

9th box - Kaz

12th box - Nell tsukihi....

since Berry said she won "comet" i assume she didnt win the lucky set,but a whole bunch of monogatari comet instead

ohi thar~

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,394
TwinsLight replied on 04-26-2012 8:30 PM | Locked

Ah.  Wow, that is scary.  Enjoy wasting 5000 points on Comets.  Costs almost the same amount as the set of Water Comets.

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 276
johnxfire replied on 04-27-2012 1:46 AM | Locked

I'm curious, what does the mascot add? Standard mascot stuff? +10% Pang, Pang bonus on Pangya... Thats it?

IGN: fireAsh -> (e40)Ash

Guild: N/A

Feel free to bother me. :)

Not Ranked
Posts 17
Neoniec replied on 04-27-2012 2:33 AM | Locked

She also likes doughnuts. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 925
jellsio replied on 04-27-2012 9:58 AM | Locked

johnxfire:

I'm curious, what does the mascot add? Standard mascot stuff? +10% Pang, Pang bonus on Pangya... Thats it?

From the description, it's just 15 pang on Pangya, and 5 pang when you miss.  Seems like another waste really. Extra 5 pang doesn't have any great effect in this game. I rather go with Wizzy or Wikky for the random increase in impact zone.

Like other people, I would have shelled out some extra money this month to buy directly from shop if they did it that way. But since it's lolboxes, I'll be saving my money.  Considering that they do lolboxes just means that there are still tons of people who are willing to gamble away. Just because 1 or 2 people don't spend, there are still 10 others who fall into the trap and give their money away.  It's not gonna change much in terms of their business dealing unless we have a HUGE number of players who stop spending on these boxes.  Considering only about 10% of the player base (if that) read the forums and feedback, I doubt this will happen any time soon.

IGN: (e38)j3llo

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 429
MintMocha replied on 04-27-2012 2:44 PM | Locked

berryfluffy:

6 wins out of 12 boxes... 1 out of 2... surely the clubset can't be that far off can it??? 

13th~44th NOTHING!!! OTL... no club set OTL

Same exact crap happened to me on black friday boxes!!!!! I got all sets but one in a small amount (i dont remember exact numbers) then I spent like $60-80 trying to get Nuris set, and it still wouldn't give it to me!! So weird... 

Leader of RoyalTea        Ign: YourMajesTea    

Click to see my art.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 876
jspamax replied on 04-27-2012 2:48 PM | Locked

^ Nope. It's predetermined. Just like Fruit Machines that payout every so often to give you the illusion that you are winning when in reality, you are slowly losing. There is no Randomness, NTREEV controls the outcomes.

Not Ranked
Posts 49
Archeotech replied on 04-28-2012 5:14 AM | Locked

I'm really happy that finally pangya global is getting something from what the Japanese servers are getting! Hopefully this won't be the last anime set to come. Would really like if they did a special vocaloid event or that new hello kitty event at some stage. Also hoping they'll release the second set of monogatari outfits =) Anyway Thank you pangya staff for doing this ^^

On the note of the box lottery system, I think I'd also prefer to pay more for sets in the shop then the lottery. Surely they would make as much if not more if they sold them for $25 each?

Not Ranked
Posts 3
JSania replied on 04-29-2012 9:17 PM | Locked

I don't want to waste my money for a bunch of comet or caliper

I hope they can at least make it that every . . let see 5 boxes and you guaranteed to win a rare or something

My luck is terrible when it come to such lotto thing

Page 2 of 4 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Google Analytics Alternative