Crossfire Europe

Product Manager Letter - 12th October 2017

Bookmark and Share

This post has 38 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 104
PM_CrisCross Posted: 10-12-2017 14:32

Hello everybody,

PM_CrisCross reporting from Berlin. First of all, congratulations to the lucky winners of the 3 top prizes of our special 6th anniversary lottery (2x 150,000 RP and an item of choice), as well as to everybody who won RP, capsule tickets and other rewards. We hope that in the past 4 weeks you have been enjoying the events we prepared for the celebration of the anniversary of our beloved Crossfire. We have especially been seeing a lot of dedication for the lottery event and to reach the community goal of the Kill’ em All event, we love it!

Now what’s next? A lot of exciting new events and new content are planned until the end of the year!

First stop: Halloween! New Halloween weapons, costumes, Halloween maps, special Halloween events including a Night of the Living Dead no-death event, etc. it’s going to be spooooky :)

Second stop: 2 patches in November, including some Black Friday craziness at the end of the month. A new mode, the new Gladiator (FFA) and Toy Castle (TDM) maps, and AWESOME offers in the shop for Black Friday and Cyber Monday!

And third stop: Christmas time! Christmas maps, new weapons and cosmetic items, multiple events to get some Christmas gifts early, etc. It’s this wonderful time of the year :)

Next, I would like to address the most important topic for the community: server performance. At some point within the next 2 weeks, you should be able to select a new Delta Theater in the server selection screen. This Theater will be running on a different setup than the other 3 Theaters (Alpha, Bravo, Charlie), with improved performance. We are currently finalizing this new server setup, which is based on the setup we used for the CFS European Finals at gamescom earlier this summer, for which we received very good feedback from the teams who participated. We will ask for your feedback to confirm that you all notice a significant improvement regarding lag and hit registration in this Delta Theater. If the feedback is positive, we will change all the Theaters to this new setup. More information very soon!

Finally, I would like to share some requests and recommendations regarding hack reports and lag reports. First of all, these reports are very important since we need detailed information so we can try reproducing issues and report to the development team in order to get fixes implemented. This is why it is key to provide us with the best and most detailed information possible. The better the report, the faster we can implement a fix. We noticed that a lot of hack reports were not filled properly, making it very time-consuming for us to investigate some cases due to the lack of relevant information, and also sometimes making it impossible to correctly identify and "punish" hackers. In order to improve efficiency and be able to treat hack reports even faster, we will soon publish a guide for hack reports, with all the guidelines needed to make a good hack report.

That’s it for today’s update everybody, I wish you a great time on the new Ankara 2.0 map, have fun playing Sniper Week and Knife Week, and don’t forget to get your daily playtime reward for playing 30 minutes!

Kind regards,
Your PM_CrisCross

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 267

Yaaaayy, at last!! New god Headshot! server!!!

Can't wait for it!

IGN: Ghost

Clan: Exalted

[GM]Feralus more like [GM]Savage

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,838

You said Halloween Maps not map , so can we expect a second halloween map besides the older one?

She loved mysteries so much, that she became one.

-t4sos's girlfriend

Inactive from 01/10/17  to 31/01/18 due to studies, Good Luck everyone, keep this game alive. rose

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,820

PM_CrisCross:

Next, I would like to address the most important topic for the community: server performance. At some point within the next 2 weeks, you should be able to select a new Delta Theater in the server selection screen. This Theater will be running on a different setup than the other 3 Theaters (Alpha, Bravo, Charlie), with improved performance. We are currently finalizing this new server setup, which is based on the setup we used for the CFS European Finals at gamescom earlier this summer, for which we received very good feedback from the teams who participated. We will ask for your feedback to confirm that you all notice a significant improvement regarding lag and hit registration in this Delta Theater. If the feedback is positive, we will change all the Theaters to this new setup. More information very soon!

Thats some really great news. Very happy to hear about that :)

I like the rest ofc too, but that one made my day up

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 267

Could you give us now a bit more insight about the delta server? Like tickrate, location, etc?

IGN: Ghost

Clan: Exalted

[GM]Feralus more like [GM]Savage

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 201

can I expect a new vvip on Black Friday?

Not Ranked
Posts 21

You mentioned 'Halloween Maps' and 'Christmas Maps', does this mean we can expect more than one map for both festival seasons? 

Not Ranked
Posts 38

Cris i think u made my account unlucky ):

i buy 30 divine caps 0 win...

my sister won 3 items with 8 free tickets ._.

How much she pay u ?:D

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 692

I did not expect test server to come so soon. This is big news and personally this is the first time since last November where I genuinely feel that things might change for the better in terms of just the fluidity of the game.

Thank you. hat

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 3,893

GhostGR:

Could you give us now a bit more insight about the delta server? Like tickrate, location, etc?

I guess same location and same server but different configuration, obviously don't know more than you though lol

Sounds promising

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 692

The tickrate does not determine whether or not you will get shot behind the wall or not, that's an interp problem and the problem could lie far deeper down than what is possible to fix. Realistically this change should remove the stuttering and hopefully even more than that, and just continue to improve as time goes on.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,626

Everything is completely great news for everyone! Glad the server is being set up to improve our gameplay!

But what about the future Mileage Shop that is going to replace the FP Mall? We were expecting it close to the end of the year. This also implicates a big change towards the daily system, including changes to the monthly rewards, Dog Tag (which we would also appreciate a permanent prize 1 month before the deployment) and daily rewards.

Walleo | Forum Moderator

[GM]Feralus: "...no worries :)"

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,417

The best PM Letter by far so far. 

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 264

Best news, lets hope all going this way :D

IGN:[SD]*StevaN*

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 45

Will it be possible to release a new VVIP weapon by the end of 2017?

Page 1 of 3 (39 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

Google Analytics Alternative