Crossfire Europe

Product Manager Letter - 26th July 2017

Bookmark and Share

This post has 33 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 94
PM_CrisCross Posted: 07-26-2017 15:25

Hello everyone,

I wanted to give you an update on the recent password reset and on the upcoming patches for Crossfire. I know the past few weeks have been frustrating with the absence of new content and the extended maintenance we had on July 13th and 14th to improve our datacenter. But the good news is that brighter days are ahead, as we are planning several patches with exciting content and quality-of-life improvements very soon, together with the next steps regarding the improvement of the overall server performance. 

Password Reset:

Yes, I know, it is annoying to have to change your password. Yes, it can also be annoying to validate your email. And yes, we did have a few issues with some email providers (like gmx.de or Yahoo) which lead to some players not receiving their confirmation email. But we had very good reasons to implement this password reset and we fixed all known issues about confirmation emails within 24 hours.

Regarding the reasons behind the password reset, there are two main ones:
- we wanted to increase our account security level but forcing a global password reset in order to make sure that all accounts have a recent and fully secured password. Protecting your accounts is one of our most important missions, and we wanted to make sure all password are up to the most recent standards in term of security.
- we also wanted to implement an email verification process since quite some time, and having at the same time the password reset + the email verification made a lot of sense.

Why is it important to validate your email? It’s important to avoid that some players with bad intention create multiple fake accounts which they use for spam, cheats or hack. Also, having a validated email address for each account helps for communication between us and the players.

Regarding the issue with verification emails not being received, it has been fixed and now all emails should be received quite fast. For players who encountered this issue yesterday (or some other issues), our customer support agent have been (and still are) working hard in order to treat tickets as fast as they can. They are doing lots of overtime hours at the moment in order to make sure you can play Crossfire with as little waiting time as possible. But obviously they are human and not robots, so I kindly ask for your patience in case you have to wait a day for answer.

Finally, we have a little surprise for all players who made it through the password reset: all players who will have successfully reset their password and will have logged in to the game before Thursday 27th July at midnight will receive on the next day (Friday 28th):
- Bulletproof Helmet and Vest 7 days
- 1 Free RP Capsule Coupon
Take it as a little reward to thank you for your patience regarding the recent lack of new content and the password reset ;)

Now to the fun stuff: next patch upcoming early next week!
We will have a nice patch going live early next week with new content, new events and bug fixes. Here is a little overview:

- New Big Head Mode*
- New map Museum (Team Death Match)
- New map Arena 2 (Elimination)
- New loading screens for all maps
- HK G28 GP weapon (Sniper) in direct sales
- 4 new RP capsules, including a new Noble Beast Capsule
- Bug fixes
- Arena 2 special event
- Big Head Mode special event
- SnD special event

*Big Head Mode is personally my favorite mode in Crossfire: it’s fast-paced, fun, I LOVE the music when you enter Rampage mode and start head-butting people all over the place, and the boxes you can win in this mode are very funny. Trust me, you should try it ;)

Also, 2 weeks after that there will be another patch with some exciting new content, including the new Biohazard 3 Fatal Canyon map and the start of Ranked Season 4.

That’s it for today’s PM Letter, I hope I could answer a lot of your questions. Let me know if something is missing.

Have a nice evening, may your KDR be high!
Your PM_CrisCross

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 194

Ofcourse and 1 week for this unworth...without event...

IGN:Am[ON]iaC*  

The best sniper its here....heart

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 3,687

If there's no vvip char fix this time I'm out for good. Almost 3 months no update, those "bug fixes" better be plenty.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,216

PM_CrisCross:

Hello everyone,

Now to the fun stuff: next patch upcoming early next week!
We will have a nice patch going live early next week with new content, new events and bug fixes. Here is a little overview:

- New Big Head Mode*
- New map Museum (Team Death Match)
- New map Arena 2 (Elimination)
- New loading screens for all maps
- HK G28 GP weapon (Sniper) in direct sales
- 4 new RP capsules, including a new Noble Beast Capsule
- Bug fixes
- Arena 2 special event
- Big Head Mode special event
- SnD special event

*Big Head Mode is personally my favorite mode in Crossfire: it’s fast-paced, fun, I LOVE the music when you enter Rampage mode and start head-butting people all over the place, and the boxes you can win in this mode are very funny. Trust me, you should try it ;)

Also, 2 weeks after that there will be another patch with some exciting new content, including the new Biohazard 3 Fatal Canyon map and the start of Ranked Season 4.

That’s it for today’s PM Letter, I hope I could answer a lot of your questions. Let me know if something is missing.

Have a nice evening, may your KDR be high!
Your PM_CrisCross

Hello! 

Seems nice, hopefully this patch is finally going to happen, but,

I believe it when I see it, it can be postpone, again.

// bliXten

This is it 2013-March 2017.Good bye Everyone heart

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,556

I like that you guys give us another map we wanted( Arena2) and that we getting more Tdm maps . And the new mode will be fun for sure. But we need more..

In the patch in 2 weeks, is it possible you guys give us the weapon master race mode? Or Toy Castle? Or Bank? 

She loved mysteries so much, that she became one.

-t4sos's girlfriend

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,556

Furthermore when will we have the information for season 4  rewards , maps and modes?

She loved mysteries so much, that she became one.

-t4sos's girlfriend

Not Ranked
Posts 1

PM_CrisCross:
Let me know if something is missing.

Hello,PM

you forget somethingno you said in august the new vvip weapon is comming out.  so it should come out at latest in the next next update .cuz next next next update is not in august :}  but you dont mention this in this letter :(   and also rp offer event at the beginning of august and also special vvip sales:( pls dont forget these:) THX i will still give a lot of money to the game for supporting you to make much better for us in the future:D

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 396

PM_CrisCross:

Please, before you start new Ranked season make some analyse of last 3 seasons. AND DON'T MAKE SAME MISTAKES!!!

We had big problem with losing players and interest after first few days. Season is long and we need some Ranked tasks on daily basic to keep players in Ranked mode. No one wanna wait 30 min or more for starting a game. If we cant start we lose more and more players and we get in situation that we lose even persistent Ranked players. Than we cant start Ranked game not even after few hours of waiting. If you cant fix this you shouldn't start new season. 

Here is few suggestions (easy to implement)  how to attract players in ranked mode whole 6 months:

we need daily missions with ranked tasks. Instead of make 120 kills in TDM, play 10 predator games etc you need to put ranked missions like: Make 30 kills in Ranked mode or Play 5 Ranked matches... Rewards dont need to be nothing special. You can keep rewards like we have right now in daily missions. Some times you can spice it up with 1 or 2 RP capsule.

-When making events you need to put at least one event or task inside of event with Ranked missions. Same like above. Task should be simple but they will motivate people to play ranked mode. Suggestions: make 50 kills in ranked mode, play 10 games in ranked mode.... Or you can be more specific and push all ranked modes: Make 50 kills in S&D Ranked mode, Play 15 game in FFA ranked mode etc.

Its easy and dont need huge energy for making that kind task and missions for ranked mode.

Some of us really like that Ranked mode but its unplayable like now. Last season I was Diamond top 100 but at the end I give up and finish like Gold rank because I cant wait every day for hours just to play 1 game in two week to maintain Diamond rank. I dint menage to play 1 game i 2 week! And I try 100 times. Not even if I expand grades... 

Now when bug (cant leave game before end without penalty) in ranked mode is fixed it should be interesting again...

Ty

IGN: NightWind

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 87

What is with Mp shop? sob

IGN:RyyzK]5knp Clan: Reflection

Not Ranked
Posts 22

MP shop is more attractive then that new maps and modes...

And i want to say that community would lose a lot of players... My brother and his frend would not this game anymore becose they know only ID and PW of their accs.... So u made it even worst.

In letter only attractive is ranked new seasone which would include i hope some new weapons.

IGN:[SD]*Stev4N*

Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 490

juststew:

And I would like to say that the community is going to lose a lot of players... My brother and his friend won't play this game anymore because they only know their ID and PW of their accs.... So u made it even worse.

In the letter, the only attractive thing is a ranked new season which would, I hope, include some new weapons.

ID and pw is all you need to change the password, use gmail. Read this thread: http://forum.gamerage.com/crossfire/forums/t/48764.aspx

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 78

Jurea:

juststew:

And I would like to say that the community is going to lose a lot of players... My brother and his friend won't play this game anymore because they only know their ID and PW of their accs.... So u made it even worse.

In the letter, the only attractive thing is a ranked new season which would, I hope, include some new weapons.

ID and pw is all you need to change the password, use gmail. Read this thread: http://forum.gamerage.com/crossfire/forums/t/48764.aspx

Omg yes Mileage Shop! Would love to see that in CFEU 

"It is our choices Harry that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." -Albus Dumbledore

Not Ranked
Posts 2

i cant change my gmail adress it say its already in use when at the same time the site show me that its not.what the hell is going on

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 410

Not a single word about players activity and lack of population. Gj with that.up

IGN: Dyte

Page 1 of 3 (34 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

Google Analytics Alternative