Crossfire Europe

Product Manager Letter - 14th July 2017 - Game reopened after extended maintenance

Bookmark and Share

This post has 41 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,623

MATTYGUO:

Apart from this, the copyrights of CF was bought by TENCENT QQ years ago, and i am 100% sure that all other servers are being direacted by CF  China,thats why Chinese server always have brand new content first and CF China is the only server that has test server.

False.

Tencent did bought Crossfire, but the developers are still Smilegate. What Smilegate does is allow content to be created from scratch in CF China, which is now the main Crossfire content release.

Other versions still need permissions from Smilegate in Korea to release content in their respective versions. Everything is fowarded (from suggested content to bugs) to Smilegate in Korea.

Walleo | Forum Moderator

[GM]Feralus: "...no worries :)"

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 232

*sigh* How long does the discussion about the Vip Char kick abuse exists? Probably since the 1st Char 'The Fates' came out, hm? Ofc it has some negative effects on the user, because he can't move, BUT he can also jump, reload and kick to move and shoot fast.

Anyway, the update was pretty fine and gave some more opportunities to work with and seeing the difference in the net code before and after is astonishing. I had to run several analysis to understand finally what got changed after all. It was probably and hopefully only the beginning of many upcoming changes for the net code and server. A full report of the changes would be too long here and would cause more confusion than understanding for the player base, but let's just say the changes were enough to open a lot of locked doors. But there were also some bad things while the maintenance was running.

Next time you should use a redirection of your web server to your Facebook page to keep people informed instead of letting them stay in the darkness of unknown. Also a bit more information of the actual status would be quite interesting for people like me to know what the actual situation is. I'm not here to watch and hope but i'm here to help. Probably my specialty of IT security isn't the specification you guys need in such situations, but it would be still nice to know what the actual situation looks like. More frequent status updates (maybe every 1 or 2 hours) would be also great to stay tuned. It was really frustrating to take a look in Facebook and see the same Post after 4 hours of waiting. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,227

Nyumix3:

Next time you should use a redirection of your web server to your Facebook page to keep people informed instead of letting them stay in the darkness of unknown. Also a bit more information of the actual status would be quite interesting for people like me to know what the actual situation is. I'm not here to watch and hope but i'm here to help. Probably my specialty of IT security isn't the specification you guys need in such situations, but it would be still nice to know what the actual situation looks like. More frequent status updates (maybe every 1 or 2 hours) would be also great to stay tuned. It was really frustrating to take a look in Facebook and see the same Post after 4 hours of waiting. 

I am not agree, the update information at Facebook was perfect during the maintenance.

// bliXten

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 3,893

blixxten:

Nyumix3:

I am not agree, the update information at Facebook was perfect during the maintenance.

// bliXten

For people that regularly use facebook & regularly check the homepage maybe..

If you do neither of the 2 you probably also won't ever see if something new is in the launcher and might have been suprised by the server being down.

A redirection doesn't hurt anyone if it's easily possible.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,227

xVermillion:

blixxten:

Nyumix3:

// bliXten

If you do neither of the 2 you probably also won't ever see if something new is in the launcher and might have been suprised by the server being down.

Well, I think most people have heard about Facebook and it's a very good way to communicate, example,

if you can't login into the game nor at Cf website, it's easy to google it and check.

And their are also Cf twitter, instagram and discord.

I think it's more about how lazy and interested that person is to find out what's going on. 

cause the information was there if someone was interested.

// bliXten

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,829

blixxten:

xVermillion:

blixxten:

Nyumix3:

// bliXten

Well, I think most people have heard about Facebook and it's a very good way to communicate, example,

if you can't login into the game nor at Cf website, it's easy to google it and check.

And their are also Cf twitter, instagram and discord.

I think it's more about how lazy and interested that person is to find out what's going on. 

cause the information was there if someone was interested.

// bliXten

which information you talking about? The same message again and again , without any information in whats really going on...

She loved mysteries so much, that she became one.

-t4sos's girlfriend

Inactive from 01/10/17  to 31/01/18 due to studies, Good Luck everyone, keep this game alive. rose

Not Ranked
Posts 3

my account got blocked from alongtime but only from site,i was playing normally in the game but now i can't access before i change my password ? what i should do now ?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,623

Vodka0079:

my account got blocked from alongtime but only from site,i was playing normally in the game but now i can't access before i change my password ? what i should do now ?

There must be a reason why your account was blocked.

Contact support to see why it was banned.

Walleo | Forum Moderator

Not Ranked
Posts 3

i have no idea i was don't care before because i don't want change my password but what if my account didn't got unblocked so i will can't access to it anymore like i got blocked inside the game ?'

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,623

Vodka0079:

i have no idea i was don't care before because i don't want change my password but what if my account didn't got unblocked so i will can't access to it anymore like i got blocked inside the game ?'

Your answers are through support. I can't answer you here.

Walleo | Forum Moderator

Not Ranked
Posts 3

Thanks anyway,include the game just throw most of us from 2012 until now and just the game want most of us out now ^^

Not Ranked
Posts 15

can u giv to us this week 1 event please love

Page 3 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS

Google Analytics Alternative