Crossfire Europe

Can't download Crossfire from the website.

Bookmark and Share

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
13 Posts
awwmeng posted on 04-20-2017 11:09

Posting here because I've tried every possible solution given on these forums for my problem but I still can't get it to work and it's making me desperate. It all started when I downloaded another version of CF, played it then deleted it. Then I wanted to play CF EU but whichever start application I would use (CF_SGI, CF_SGIN, patcher_cf, et caetera) it would give me errors, such as 'Finish 3: Failed to download version.ini'. That's what made me want to uninstall CF, which I did, and reinstall it from the website. But whenever I click on the download button from the website I get a blank page with an error. Here's a printscreen of it http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=5x8j2x&s=9. 

Looked through the forums and found out this thread http://forum.gamerage.com/crossfire/forums/p/47372/223917.aspx#223917, which is exactly my problem. I tried the solution given there, but to no avail. I deleted the hosts file, even flushed my DNS and reset it with different IPs. But I still can't get the website's download page to work. One thing I noticed is that whenever I open my "hosts" file, I can't see any IPs and websites, let alone anything "gamerage related" that I should delete. I figured I should be able to delete something like "cf.cdn.patchgamerage.com" but I can't seem to find it in my hosts file. What do I do? Using Windows 10 by the way.

Pretty frustrated here, any help would be appreciated. I recently did a windows reset so I'm not keen on the idea of doing it again. Thank you.

All Replies

Not Ranked
13 Posts

I think the tinypic link is messed up so hopefully this is right: 

Top 100 Contributor
Male
291 Posts

Which version did you play?

Not Ranked
13 Posts

A private server, which I suppose is illegal (?), so I deleted it. Came back to play the EU version and now I can't download it from the website. Anything I can do to fix it? Thank you.

Top 100 Contributor
Male
291 Posts

Can you please do the following steps?

1. Open Command Prompt or Powershell
  2. Type nslookup cf.cdn.patchgamerage.com
  3. Press Enter and wait
  4. Send back the results

Afterwards share the result with me via a pm please.

€:
And yes ofc this is illegal and is in no way tolerated. 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

Google Analytics Alternative