Crossfire Europe

Wave Mode

Bookmark and Share

This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 694
oFlavaho Posted: 12-30-2016 4:04
Wave Mode is maybe not the most liked playmode in cf eu , but still a lot/a hand full of players , play it . Joining a wave mode room is always the same , always the same 20 ppl in there , we had a looooot of events in sd, tdm , ffa , bio, mutation mode , so i would like to suggest a wave mode event to attract more ppl for underdog modes like this , just like super solider sd , cant find room at all for this gamemode <

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 109
I never understood that mode teach me how to play it and i will join it often ;)

IGN: Renato_ILYM   

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,513
The reason I'm not very fond of the mode is because of how harsh it is for new players. They get thrown into the game with a few people who have are level 30 and have +10 cards with all gems. They simply get mowed down time after time. Even players who have medium levels and class cards have no initiative to play. +1 for more events, although I don't think it will make the modes popular.

4Real | Forum Moderator

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 3,408
The mode just hasn't been thought through well enough, and as the cf devs always do they completely ambandoned it and stopped doing anything for it after a few months.. because 100 dumb modes is better then 10 very well made ones, am i right?

Not Ranked
Posts 20
Never thought i will say that but Flavah is right and i agree with him .. In my opinion Wave, Supersolider SD/TD is best mode cf eu have right now .. even better than SD normal.. its rly hard to find rooms in those modes specialy supersolider SD/TD ... Yesterday was supsol SD for daily missions(kills) and while i was online (cca 2-3 h) i rly searched for it but not found any map in this mode. So je ... we need more events,maps which will motivate new players come play to this mostly amazing-with no doubt- mode. __ ll /// ll ==ll== ll for this flavahs sugesstion ll ll +1 for more events,+1 for more new players,+1 for new maps and +1 for more giving attetion to this modes by GMs.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 694
Best solution for this level difference would be a Level limit setting , for example if the host is on level 5 he can add a +-10 level limit , that means only players from level 0-15 could join , this level limiter could be +-5,+-10 and no limit , so even new player could enjoy wave mode without beeing "cows"

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 1
well many wave player are already gone because of the messed up mechanics. Firstly are like 90% of the games on Sandstorm. On Artic base it's all about ganging on sandstorm it's all about who is getting the boxes. This results in the usual team composition of 2-3 Blaster 2-3 Fuzzy maybe 1 panther. To fix this there had to be 2 huge changes: 1. Last tower can only be damaged if all other towers are destroyed (otherwise destroying mid tower on sandstorm is just suicide). 2. Balance the classes (similar to SSoldier SD). Blaster is just broken af, spamming every 5 sec a rpg which deals ~60-100% damage on multiple targets how is that not op? The only class that can compete with that is fuzzy which can be best descript as a no skill requiring class which has a good shield and can one hit with its seemingly random bouncing balls. The other classes simply cant compete: Shield can't tank blaster, Medic usually gets 2 hitet by 2 blaster, Hunter and Demolition are weak af, marksman and flag can't deal much damage in late game, shock is kinda banned bc it was once op. Jugger is just stopped by all the tmp's and other stun guns.
team balance is an unsolvable issue though, due to some player x)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,189
oFlavaho:
Best solution for this level difference would be a Level limit setting , for example if the host is on level 5 he can add a +-10 level limit , that means only players from level 0-15 could join , this level limiter could be +-5,+-10 and no limit , so even new player could enjoy wave mode without beeing "cows"
But would he find a game then? Atm its difficult to fill one room with all levels, with less? I disagree here -1.

She loved mysteries so much, that she became one.

-t4sos's girlfriend

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS

Google Analytics Alternative