[Crash]Client MFC application has encountered a problem

Bookmark and Share

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,326
FearTheSun Posted: 08-27-2012 11:15

Description: Client MFC application has encountered a problem and must be closed; this error message appears randomly. 
Further, my PC freezes completely seconds after this happens. I am not able to close the game anymore, nor can I do any other action on my PC. Task manager can't be opened and the only way to get back to the desktop is a full restart.

Reproducability: Not able to reproduce, only common thing is that clan chat was populated when error occured.

Steps done before it happened:

First time I waited at a room after finishing a clan war; didn't do anything except for typing in clan chat.
The second time, I've been in-game at Ankara SnD. Clan chat was active again, besides that everything went normal. It was at Alpha Server Ch 1. Guns equiped: M4 Royal, Anaconda RD, Keris Xmas, Doll Nade, Flash Nade, Smoke nade, BP, Jump Boots.

Report hackers l Endo Profile l CFEU News
I
GN: FearTheSun // inactive for a while.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 31

Thanks for reporting this issue. We are looking into this and will let you know if we need any more information. I will keep you posted and anyone else that has come across this issue in this thread. Thank you again for your time in helping us make this game great. :D

"What is the riddle of steel?" oo;

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,326

GMCrom:

Thanks for reporting this issue. We are looking into this and will let you know if we need any more information. I will keep you posted and anyone else that has come across this issue in this thread. Thank you again for your time in helping us make this game great. :D

Thanks for the fast response.

Happened a third time today; again in-game (same bag as last time). Clan chat was dead, but regular chat heavily populated in my room with quite a bit of spam. Before the actual error message appeared, the game stuck for 5 seconds (it feeled like the server stopped sending data), then I could play for another 20 seconds and the error occured.

I

Not Ranked
Posts 9

Same problem here,but i dont get any error messages, the game just freezes or force closes in first or second minute im in and after i cant do anything besides hard reset. I even downloaded fresh copy yesterday and installed it on a different partition i thought it helped because i was eable to play without problems whole evening, but its back again today and it happens every time i start the game  

Not Ranked
Posts 1

This happens to me as well

What I did to avoid Full PC reboot:

- Did not click "close" when error occurred

- Opened task manager immediately (CTRL+ALT+DEL)

- Ended crossfire.exe program

You should be back to your active desktop after that.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 31

Is it possible to post a screen shot of the error message you are getting? I need something to show the dev team since I have not been able to reproduce this issue. Thank you.

-Crom-

"What is the riddle of steel?" oo;

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,326

I'll try to get one; this error hasn't occured for two weeks now - missed it to take one in the past. Going to update this post as soon as I can provide a screenshot!

I

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,326

GMCrom:

Is it possible to post a screen shot of the error message you are getting? I need something to show the dev team since I have not been able to reproduce this issue. Thank you.

-Crom-

FINALLY got a screen of that, either forgot to take one when it happened or haven't been able. Here we go!

I

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS

Google Analytics Alternative