AWM vs DSR-1 vs SL8

Bookmark and Share

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 5 verified answers | 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Male
898 Posts
CroArmySB posted on 08-05-2012 7:51

Ok here is a thing: should I buy 1 of these (AWM and DSR-1) or save GP, collect coupons and exchange them for SL8?

I have 28 coupons so far,and I don't play Sniper matches so much,mostly cuz I don't have a good sniper...

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Not Ranked
11 Posts

I think the AWM is the better choice over DSR. The AWM is respected by all players, while the DSR is shunned as noobgun. Also the AWM zooms back out after each shot, which is important when you are fighting against more then one enemy at once, it makes you aim much faster then the DSR and also gives you more speed to take cover or reposition yourself.

Also you can aim more precisely with the AWM, the DSR has only 1 Zoom, the AWM has 2.

The big thing going for the DSR is that it can shoot much faster then the AWM and 1 hit kills. On Prison it is very useful as camping-gun. If you want to snipe outside of Prison, you really should get an AWM.

I never saw anyone running around with an SL8 so i think it isn't good or not that much better then an AWM.

I hope i was able to help you and wish U good luck!

Top 100 Contributor
Male
136 Posts

You should buy AWM its fair,cheap and easy to play DSR is just bad in my oppinion.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
515 Posts

i got awm dsr and sl-8

awm is good for QS and walking around.

dsr-1 is more a camp gun to hit more enemys (you shoot faster)

sl8 is very fast but you need 2 shots in prison its sometimes good it sux at QS.

i would go for the awm

Top 10 Contributor
Male
1,326 Posts

In my opinion, AWM is the best. DSR-1 has bad quickscope abilites, just as the SL8. I don't know about your playing style, but the AWM is just much more versatile than the other rifles. If you camp a lot, then DSR-1 might be the better choice, but keep in mind that you can't change the way you play with that thing. You won't be able to change to quickscoping.

Report hackers l Endo Profile l CFEU News
I
GN: FearTheSun // inactive for a while.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
1,229 Posts

Actually the most appreciated sniper is the AWM, it has:

1)High accuracy

2)Faster reload than DSR-1

3)Since bolt action sniper, every shot it unzoom for a sec( letting you to see if there are enemies near to you, or to see the target enemy moving before the autozoom)

4)Perfect weapon for quickscope, thanks also to his faster swap time

5) In this version it not require a level to be bought lol

6) You can zoom twice!

About the DSR-1, yes it's automatic, but the swapping time and the reloading time are too long and it has only one zoom

Instead about the SL8, it has 20 bullets per magazine( 20/20= 40bullets),it has only 1 zoom, it's rate of fire is ver high than other snipers(probably like the MSG90, or higher), but it has quite the same power of the M700, so you need 2 shots to kill an enemy,in my opinion this gun should be used for fun( in modes like mutation/hero/predator or with friends), it's not a good choice in an only sniper match

Both the 3 guns has limited wallbang, the only sniper that allow full wallbang is the m700.

Signature by AngelisM
Thank you ;) 

IGN: Sardaukar93

All Replies

Not Ranked
11 Posts

I think the AWM is the better choice over DSR. The AWM is respected by all players, while the DSR is shunned as noobgun. Also the AWM zooms back out after each shot, which is important when you are fighting against more then one enemy at once, it makes you aim much faster then the DSR and also gives you more speed to take cover or reposition yourself.

Also you can aim more precisely with the AWM, the DSR has only 1 Zoom, the AWM has 2.

The big thing going for the DSR is that it can shoot much faster then the AWM and 1 hit kills. On Prison it is very useful as camping-gun. If you want to snipe outside of Prison, you really should get an AWM.

I never saw anyone running around with an SL8 so i think it isn't good or not that much better then an AWM.

I hope i was able to help you and wish U good luck!

Top 100 Contributor
Male
136 Posts

You should buy AWM its fair,cheap and easy to play DSR is just bad in my oppinion.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
515 Posts

i got awm dsr and sl-8

awm is good for QS and walking around.

dsr-1 is more a camp gun to hit more enemys (you shoot faster)

sl8 is very fast but you need 2 shots in prison its sometimes good it sux at QS.

i would go for the awm

Top 10 Contributor
Male
1,326 Posts

In my opinion, AWM is the best. DSR-1 has bad quickscope abilites, just as the SL8. I don't know about your playing style, but the AWM is just much more versatile than the other rifles. If you camp a lot, then DSR-1 might be the better choice, but keep in mind that you can't change the way you play with that thing. You won't be able to change to quickscoping.

Report hackers l Endo Profile l CFEU News
I
GN: FearTheSun // inactive for a while.

Top 25 Contributor
Male
898 Posts

Thanks guys for your help...

Your answers really helped me.

Peace

Top 10 Contributor
Male
1,229 Posts

1)High accuracy

3)Since bolt action sniper, every shot it unzoom for a sec( letting you to see if there are enemies near to you, or to see the target enemy moving before the autozoom)

6) You can zoom twice!

About the DSR-1, yes it's automatic, but the swapping time and the reloading time are too long and it has only one zoom

Instead about the SL8, it has 20 bullets per magazine( 20/20= 40bullets),it has only 1 zoom, it's rate of fire is ver high than other snipers(probably like the MSG90, or higher), but it has quite the same power of the M700, so you need 2 shots to kill an enemy,in my opinion this gun should be used for fun( in modes like mutation/hero/predator or with friends), it's not a good choice in an only sniper match

Both the 3 guns has limited wallbang, the only sniper that allow full wallbang is the m700.

Signature by AngelisM
Thank you ;) 

IGN: Sardaukar93

Not Ranked
3 Posts

No DSR-1 has a faster reload.

Top 100 Contributor
Male
147 Posts
Suggested by ak74pro

There is only 1 right choice... and is like all the others said  the  AWM. The AWM is a fantastic weapon i love it <3 i played 1 year only with the AWM  and made in this time  over 94K  kills only with AWM. :D heart
Is the best sniper rifle that u can buy in CrossFire Europe.

Like Freman93 said .:

Freman93:

1)High accuracy

6) You can zoom twice!

Signature By AngelisM

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS

Google Analytics Alternative