Official Crossfire Europe Forum Mouse getting epilepsy attack trying to play the game. - Crossfire Europe Forum
Crossfire Europe

Mouse getting epilepsy attack trying to play the game.

Bookmark and Share

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 3 verified answers | 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Not Ranked
Male
6 Posts
IAMANOYEE posted on 01-11-2018 16:54

What's going on community,

Today I'm reinstalling CF EU since several months ago.. I tried it out a couple months ago but I only played a game or 4 because of the game not handling my mouse properly..

I have got a: Steelseries Rival 100 mouse with 1000 Polling rate.

Me changing the mouse polling rate to much lower, will fix it with 90% but I will not do it since I play every single game with 1000 Polling rate, and CF should work like that as well.

I started playing this game in 2012 with a HP Desktop mouse until 2015-2016, I bought a good pc and gaming stuff and reinstalled the game and it kept happening so I just simply quit since I couldn't be bothered to change mouse/polling rate all the time.

IF you have GOT an answer to this, please let me know!

*I DO NOT want any kids in this post trashing it*

Regards
JassinBDN

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 50 Contributor
757 Posts
Verified by IAMANOYEE

Well, CF is kinda different and choosing 125hz to have a proper gameplay is a MUST. You will always have problems with polling rate higher than 125hz due to some of game code stuff. :}

Top 50 Contributor
894 Posts
Verified by IAMANOYEE

When Crossfire was made, gaming mice were not mainstream. Infact, you'll find a lot of games which don't play well with a higher polling rate than 125 Hz (the industry standard even today is 125 Hz).

There's no known solution for this problem. If you want to remove the weird mouse movement you have to lower it to 125 Hz. Since you said that it's 90% solved at 125 Hz, it means that some mice are able to remove it by 100%, like mine, I use the Razer Deathadder and I play with 144 Hz display as well, which probably helps quite a bit on top of just the 125 Hz polling.

Smilegate Moderator

ESL

Top 50 Contributor
894 Posts
Verified by IAMANOYEE

It's not your virtual memory, it's something else. For most people it has appeared to be caused by GEFORCE Experience, and for others something totally different, like closing Chrome. It's a weird bug but it's been reported and the developers are working on a fix.

Smilegate Moderator

ESL

All Replies

Top 50 Contributor
757 Posts
Verified by IAMANOYEE

Well, CF is kinda different and choosing 125hz to have a proper gameplay is a MUST. You will always have problems with polling rate higher than 125hz due to some of game code stuff. :}

Not Ranked
Male
6 Posts

Another question, just got kicked out of the game for "Crossfire is out of memory"

Any solutions?

Top 50 Contributor
894 Posts
Verified by IAMANOYEE

When Crossfire was made, gaming mice were not mainstream. Infact, you'll find a lot of games which don't play well with a higher polling rate than 125 Hz (the industry standard even today is 125 Hz).

There's no known solution for this problem. If you want to remove the weird mouse movement you have to lower it to 125 Hz. Since you said that it's 90% solved at 125 Hz, it means that some mice are able to remove it by 100%, like mine, I use the Razer Deathadder and I play with 144 Hz display as well, which probably helps quite a bit on top of just the 125 Hz polling.

Smilegate Moderator

ESL

Not Ranked
Male
6 Posts

Ye the 144hz helped a lot, last time I played I had a 70hz monitor now I have a 144hz with 125hz it's totally fixed!

Only problem which I have at this moment is that I get a error saying: OUT OF MEMORY

I have have got 1.25TB in an empty driver and 200gb in where cfeu is installed, so I'm guessing it's virtual memory, any solutions for that?

Not Ranked
Male
6 Posts

Ye the 144hz helped a lot, last time I played I had a 70hz monitor now I have a 144hz with 125hz it's totally fixed!

Only problem which I have at this moment is that I get a error saying: OUT OF MEMORY

I have have got 1.25TB in an empty driver and 200gb in where cfeu is installed, so I'm guessing it's virtual memory, any solutions for that?

Top 50 Contributor
894 Posts
Verified by IAMANOYEE

It's not your virtual memory, it's something else. For most people it has appeared to be caused by GEFORCE Experience, and for others something totally different, like closing Chrome. It's a weird bug but it's been reported and the developers are working on a fix.

Smilegate Moderator

ESL

Not Ranked
Male
6 Posts

Alright I will close my browser, disabled GeForce Exp. let's see if it works, lastly I will download CCleaner!

Thanks for your help guys!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS

Google Analytics Alternative