Crossfire Europe

Product Manager Letter - 12th May 2017

Bookmark and Share

This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 65
PM_CrisCross Posted: 05-12-2017 7:19

Hello everybody,

PM_CrisCross reporting from Berlin. I was not planning to write a Product Manager Letter after yesterday's update, since it was a smaller update and I normally write after the bigger updates that we release on a Monthly basis. However I noticed that quite a few players shared their concerns about the current state of the game, especially on the technical side, so I would like to share some information with you guys to be transparent about what is happening at the moment. The bigger Product Manager Letter will come with the next update on May 24th though, so this one will be a short one.

There are in my opinion, and in the opinion of many players, 3 main issues at the moment: lag/low tick-rate, various bugs present in the game since a long time, regular issues with Xtrap. Here is our plan to tackle these issues at the moment:

Lag/low-tick-rate:
Several players mention that the "servers are crap" and that we should "simply change the servers". Believe it or not, the servers don't seem to be the actual issue. They are far from running at full capacity and are absolutely not overloaded. From what we see in the logs and based on the server specs, there should be no lag issue. Yet, I must agree with you: Crossfire EU is at times very laggy, especially when players with higher ping are joining the room. Since we could not identify a clear issue by ourselves, the lag/low tick-rate topic is now in the hands of the developers at HQ who are looking into it. I know it's tough, but I'm asking for a bit of your patience, as the developers are working on all 12 versions of Crossfire and it might take a few weeks until they find an eventual fix. Yet I can guarantee you that as a Product Manager and as a player of Crossfire, this lag issue is my top priority  at the moment.

Various bugs still in the game since a long time:
Today I implemented in our team a new internal process to track bugs which were reported by the community, which should help us report much faster bugs to the developers so we can get fixes. In the past few days I've been checking a lot the forums and customer support tickets to gather an extended list of all bugs which are currently in the game and reported by players. Next week will be focused on reporting every confirmed issue to the developers in Korea, so they can work on getting as many fixes as possible in the next few updates. I said "confirmed issue", which means that in order for us to be able to reproduce the bugs, I am counting on you guys to be as detailed and clear as possible when you report bugs (with screenshots and/or videos if possible). Not everything is going to be fixed in one update though, I prefer to manage your expectations. However, it's our objective to fix as many bugs as possible with every single update in the future.

Xtrap issues:
I noticed quite a few issues with Xtrap recently, as Xtrap is apparently blocking a list of legal softwares which should normally not be blocked. I reported everything to Wiselogic today and I am now waiting for a patch from them, which will hopefully fix all these errors.

I am very looking forward to your feedback regarding the bugs which should get the most attention, with as detailed info as possible so we can easily reproduce them and report to the developers. At the same time, we will be testing the next update which will be released in two weeks. More info next week regarding the exact content of the patch!

Have a nice weekend everybody,
PM_CrisCross

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,524

Loads of text with imo no information at all. Not recommended to read.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 302

Thanks for the update. ^^

PM_CrisCross:
Various bugs still in the game since a long time:

This one is especailly interesting, and I was wondering when and how you'll implement your new policy to ban all players glitching no matter how big or small? That one in particular is interesting to me, because there surely has to be a list of what's allowed and what isn't, right?

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 148

Wait 24th..supposed to be in thursday!

IGN:Am[ON]iaC*  

The best sniper its here....heart

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 3,469

Yeah, cool that you think about better ways to let the developer know  about bugs we found, but I fear it's useless anyways.

The VVIP Char rapid fire thing was fixed in january in the chinese version, now it's mid may and it's still not fixed in ours. They just don't give a duck.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 118

its all about money.

IGN : Bn.Harunastarhorn

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 188

PM_CrisCross:

Lag/low-tick-rate:
Several players mention that the "servers are crap" and that we should "simply change the servers". Believe it or not, the servers don't seem to be the actual issue. They are far from running at full capacity and are absolutely not overloaded. From what we see in the logs and based on the server specs, there should be no lag issue. Yet, I must agree with you: Crossfire EU is at times very laggy, especially when players with higher ping are joining the room. Since we could not identify a clear issue by ourselves, the lag/low tick-rate topic is now in the hands of the developers at HQ who are looking into it. I know it's tough, but I'm asking for a bit of your patience, as the developers are working on all 12 versions of Crossfire and it might take a few weeks until they find an eventual fix. Yet I can guarantee you that as a Product Manager and as a player of Crossfire, this lag issue is my top priority  at the moment.

I agree, the server specs have nothing to do with it, but the netcode is a total disaster. Nice to read that finally something should happen (writing "should", because nothing happened yet except the client tick rate change from 8.3 to 20.5). Would be glad to get to get a PM, when something finally changes, so i can take a look at it and send an analysis.

PM_CrisCross:

Xtrap issues:

I noticed quite a few issues with Xtrap recently, as Xtrap is apparently blocking a list of legal softwares which should normally not be blocked. I reported everything to Wiselogic today and I am now waiting for a patch from them, which will hopefully fix all these errors.

As i mentioned before: This company IS NOT trustworthy. Their X-Trap program is implementing several lines to the CF client itself, which should not happen in a common case of a good anticheat system developer.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,255

hi CrisCross,

I wonder how you can sale VIP packages when you read so much players are having some big gameplay issues in your game?

You can not sale sale a car when the brakes are not working!

Think about it.

Not Ranked
Posts 23

PM_CrisCross:
Lag/low-tick-rate:

When i see that information, finally, they try to uprising crossfire europe, with more tick-rate ;) can't wait the good result! sir.

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 127

How did I end up here? Why did I read all of it... Just... words...

Not Ranked
Posts 16

xVermillion:

Yeah, cool that you think about better ways to let the developer know  about bugs we found, but I fear it's useless anyways.

The VVIP Char rapid fire thing was fixed in january in the chinese version, now it's mid may and it's still not fixed in ours. They just don't give a duck.

I see this "bug" more like a feature.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 3,469

aRealStone:

xVermillion:

I see this "bug" more like a feature.

Doesn't suprise me, but as it has been fixed in China it's a bug and not a feature.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS

Google Analytics Alternative