Crossfire Europe

Product Manager Letter - 20th April 2017

Bookmark and Share

This post has 40 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 75
PM_CrisCross Posted: 04-20-2017 7:14

Hi everybody,

PM_CrisCross reporting from Berlin. I hope everybody is excited about the content of the patch we released today. I’m especially a fan of the new Biohazard 3 mode, especially with the AA-12 Buster Infection :) Also, for snipe-lovers, the map Seizure is awesome and my personal favorite! Overall, I believe there is quite a lot to do with this new April patch, between the new maps, the 3 new events and the several new GP and RP weapons. I hope you will enjoy!

Now, I would like to give you a quick update about what we are working on at the moment, highlight the topics for which we especially would like to receive your feedback, as well as give you some info about the upcoming content for the next months. Spoiler alert: there are some exciting things ahead of us!

New content coming in the next few months

• New fan-favorite maps from other versions making their way to Crossfire Europe:
    Forbidden Palace (Team Death Match), Colombia (Elimination) and Metro (Ghost) are next in line!
  • New statistics will soon be available in the game:
    Players who care a lot about their stats and love analyzing their games will be in heaven, as Crossfire Europe will soon have Assist Points, a new MVP system, hit-rate and headshot rates, and more!
  • New Mileage Point system:
    We saw that some players were requesting new FP weapons and were overall not satisfied by the FP mechanics, so we are taking the opportunity to revamp the whole system to make it even more attractive to play Crossfire with friends. New system, and of course, new rewards :)
  • Capsule Coupons:
    As you have seen we have updated the Exchange Coupons rewards with the April 20th update. They had not been updated since a while and we wanted to fix this, especially as many players requested it. In the future, we plan to update the Exchange Coupon rewards more regularly, and we are currently looking into an update of the system itself (for example raising the cap to 150 coupons and offering more diverse rewards). If there are weapons and items you would like to see (or would NOT like to see) in the future coupons rewards, please share your feedback with us!
  • Some more new RP and GP weapons:
    We have some exciting new weapons in the pipeline! We took note of players’ feedback and will introduce every month new GP weapons both in GP capsules and directly in the shop, as well as new series of RP weapons with brand new designs (not only existing series and re-releases). And obviously, we have some new VVIP weapons planned to be released soon. We will share more information about it soon.
  • New Weapon Collections:
    We are working on some new collections with nice rewards for players who manage to collect several weapons of the same types/series. The current collections in the game are a bit outdated and don’t include a lot of more recent weapons series, so we want to improve that to reward loyal players who have been collecting weapons for a long time

Ranked Matches

• Season 3 of Ranked Matches will be ending on May 25th, and players will receive their (well-deserved) rewards!
  • Season 4 will then start this summer, after a 2-3 months break. We are deciding the exact starting date and the rewards at the moment, we will keep you updated. Your feedback for Season 4 is highly appreciated, as we want to make sure Season 4 is fitting the expectations of the community.

Things we are especially looking into at the moment

• Kick vote system revamp:
    Several players raised their voice to mention that they were not satisfied with the current kick-vote system, especially considering that it is often abused by some players which as a result create a negative game experience for legitimate players. We are currently pitching a revamp of the kick-vote system to the developers based on your feedback. We will keep you updated once the new mechanics are finalized.
  • Lag:
    We are relentlessly investigating and doing our best to improve the overall player experience, together with the support of the developers in Korea. We are already seeing some improvements, and we hope that you also noticed that we are going in the good direction. We are not done yet though, as we know there are still some lag issues especially when players with higher ping are in the room. We are currently investigating this situation.
  • Download issues:
    We are currently pushing our marketing campaigns and we see a steadily increasing number of new players day after day, which is great news. However, we noticed that some players reported they had issues while downloading and installing the game. We are looking into it and hope that we will very soon be able to increase the amount of new players even more.
  • Xtrap issues:
    We noticed that since the last 2 Xtrap updates some players have been having issues with legitimate software (Avast, Avira, WireHelper, Windows 10, etc), Xtrap sometime blocking them to access the game. We reported all known issues to Wiselogic (Xtrap developer) and they are working on a new Xtrap update to fix all of these issues.
  • Bugs which have been reported to the developers and which we hope to see fixed with the next updates (not complete list, just a selection):
    - Replay bug
    - Mouse bug
    - AWM Ghetto zoom bug
    - Friend list bug
    - Shipyard incorrect monster/zombie spawn
    - Namecards and Sprays being selected automatically when won (which should not be the case)
    - Using the Lightning Rod makes the texture on the character's hands glitch

Hackers

• Our security solution blocked and permanently banned 382 hacker accounts in March, and we can see that we are consistently getting more efficient at catching illegal programs. This is due to the regular updates of our anti-hack solution, and we can see that we are blocking and banning illegal users more efficiently now.
  • We are reviewing our ban rules for suspicious players and confirmed hackers, as we plan to go for a zero tolerance policy. No more temporary bans, all confirmed hacks or glitch abuse will lead to a permanent ban, no matter how big or small the hack or glitch abuse was. We want to have a clean game with the best possible experience for legitimate players, so no abusers will be tolerated.
  • In addition, we banned manually 21 confirmed hackers in April, based on the hack report tickets which were created by the community and investigated on our side. We are currently seeing less new hack reports, which is a good sign that our fight against hackers is going in the good direction. Yet, we know it's far from over and we will keep improving our tools and processes regularly to make sure we have a clean game.

Support Tickets

• In the last Producer Letter I also talked about the situation with support tickets not getting answered quickly enough. Good news is that we made great progress on this topic: we replied to almost all of the account-related tickets, took care of the hack report ticket queue (last Thursday there was 0 unanswered hack reports left), and the team is currently finishing the remaining 1:1 Support Tickets.
  • At the same time we are in the process of configuring our new support tool, which will make the entire customer service process a lot more convenient for both you as players and us as a team. We are looking forward to getting your feedback as soon as we rolled out the new tool.

Please tell us what you think about this Product Manager Letter, as your feedback is what will help us make our beloved Crossfire Europe go forward. So please be open and share constructive feedback with us :)

Have a great weekend full of Crossfire everybody,
Your PM_CrisCross

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 521

This all sounds great, as usual, although my main concern is Ghost Mode - any updates on the step bug?

Mouse bug

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,462

Ι didnt like you guys put Gp Capsule Weapons which people payed millions of Gp to win, in the market. Even more the Steyr which is a pretty recent one comparing to mp7 for example. 

I dont like the weapons you changed in the coupons, there were so many suggestions from us players and you guys choosed to put a barret which will destroy more the sniper balance, a barret which players payed for, since it was already in a capsule.

You put an rerereleased m4 which players had the opportunity to get so many tumes.

the 3rd weapon is ok.

She loved mysteries so much, that she became one.

-t4sos's girlfriend

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,168

PM_CrisCross:

Hmmm, don't you  CrisCross together with the other GM's answer the players questions in this Letter thread?

// bliXten

This is it 2013-March 2017.Good bye Everyone heart

Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 417

Keep bringing more maps players want so see. Quality over quantity. As long as those maps/modes which come are appealing and effective in their gameplay, it's the most important point. 

As for the coupons, it would be good to expand them to 150 in total, with more versatille weapons (by this I don't mean op) putted in their deserved place.

Nice to see that you keep updating the GP Capsule Shop, but to do that, you have to increase the winning rate chance as well as decrease a bit the cost of the capsules. For the RP capsules, the winning rate chance increased would be highly appreciated.

The Weapon Collection System is something to look for since it was released, nothing more was made to keep that interesting.

Finally something will be made to the Kick Voting System, because it's a must. If this game has to be less childish, this is one serious step in order to improve that and keep a more educated community.

Lags/fps spike/freezes/unstable pings/disconections from time to time, one of the main reasons some players left and others aren't playing at the moment. Keep going on that, seriously.

Download issues, never experienced that, but I'm sorry for those who did, because this is one of the basics a game needs to start being appreciated at first.

Xtrap issue, really annoying, especially when the one(s) suffering isn't/aren't using ilegal programs.

Bugs, since they are a lot currently, and more critical than usual, it's something annoying too to take into consideration as soon as possible.

When it comes to hackers, the overall situation over the past 2 years has been stable in my honest opinion, even though currently new hackers started to appear again. Of course there are less reports not only because of a better Anti-Cheat System, but also because of the delay on the answers and the replays players save get broken after few time, as Vermillion and other forumers mentioned many times. Something to highly improve.

These are the main topics I think should be taken more seriously than ever in order to keep the current community and bring way more players, no matter if they're new comers or previous CF players.

IGN: Burial

#MakeCFEUGreatAgain

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,379

PM_CrisCross:

We saw that some players were requesting new FP weapons and were overall not satisfied by the FP mechanics, so we are taking the opportunity to revamp the whole system to make it even more attractive to play Crossfire with friends. New system, and of course, new rewards :)

Hi Cris,

Nice update and nice events!

What will happen with our current FP points because FP points and MileAge points are two different rewards, we recieve FP points by playing Crossfire and we recieve MileAge points by purchasing RP. A few months ago you removed the MileAge points from our accounts i mean its not visible anymore like it was all these years, do we still have our points or do we have to start from zero?

Thanks, have a great weekend also!

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,750

Jersey1993:

PM_CrisCross:

Hi Cris,

Nice update and nice events!

What will happen with our current FP points because FP points and MileAge points are two different rewards, we recieve FP points by playing Crossfire and we recieve MileAge points by purchasing RP. A few months ago you removed the MileAge points from our accounts i mean its not visible anymore like it was all these years, do we still have our points or do we have to start from zero?

Thanks, have a great weekend also!

The Mileage shop he is talking about is different to the points we had on the Deposit site. It's an ingame currency, that you gain by logging in playing and doing daily missions. Purchasing RP does not affect this system :)

I'll give my feedback to the full letter later

/ ShadY

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 521

Jersey1993:
What will happen with our current FP points

They will disappear, so spend it all. The GM's will let us know when to spend our points. :)

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 3,636

PM_CrisCross:

• We are reviewing our ban rules for suspicious players and confirmed hackers, as we plan to go for a zero tolerance policy. No more temporary bans, all confirmed hacks or glitch abuse will lead to a permanent ban, no matter how big or small the hack or glitch abuse was. We want to have a clean game with the best possible experience for legitimate players, so no abusers will be tolerated.

Pleaaaaaaaaase.. There were close to no glitchers at all a long time ago, but since the last gm's made glitching only a 1 week ban there's glitchers in nearly every room, it's so stupid imo. Glitching into a wall equals cheating, it's literally the very same thing just without any 3rd party tool involved, still it's just cheating.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 162

I just saw new map for BIO3 mode and i expect sooner that on NA, i spent about 2M gp on styer and now free rly? Ok i want baloon hammer for 40K GP then...

Other things seems corectly :D

regards 

ign:[SD]*StevaN*

IGN:[SD]*StevaN*

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 3,636

truja95:

I just saw new map for BIO3 mode and i expect sooner that on NA, i spent about 2M gp on styer and now free rly? 

lol I just saw that now, that's a pretty dumb move indeed. lol

I wonder if smilegate realises that people who spend money on items, that later get rereleased/become free, will sooner or later lose interest.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,258

Gosh, the hypocrisy is real here. 
1- Continually asking for new GP capsules
2- ??? weeks later
3- *gets GP capsules*
4- Complaining about not winning GP capsules
5- ??? weeks later
6- Continually asking for new GP capsules

The same could be said about the capsule coupon rewards actually.
Y'all ask for it to be changed and are pretty much flooding the forums with the same content. "change coupon rewards! It's been X since you've do so!"
And when they do change it, y'all find another reason to complain. And to that, I say, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHU3oAhM4tU 
They've got it changed. If you think the content is unfair/game breaking, let me remind you of a special something called the vip weapons that the majority of the current players have..

To the letter this month, 

PM_CrisCross:
Kick vote system revamp
Several players raised their voice to mention that they were not satisfied with the current kick-vote system, especially considering that it is often abused by some players which as a result create a negative game experience for legitimate players. We are currently pitching a revamp of the kick-vote system to the developers based on your feedback. We will keep you updated once the new mechanics are finalized.

Hopefully we get to keep our xp/gp/kills&deaths. It hurts legit players more than hackers.
If it's a type of system that benefits paying players (like the system in cf china where, if Im correct, it's a subscription based thing that makes it harder to get the members kicked)  

PM_CrisCross:
We are reviewing our ban rules for suspicious players and confirmed hackers, as we plan to go for a zero tolerance policy. No more temporary bans, all confirmed hacks or glitch abuse will lead to a permanent ban, no matter how big or small the hack or glitch abuse was. We want to have a clean game with the best possible experience for legitimate players, so no abusers will be tolerated.

This is really good stuff. An issue I would address to this is specifically knowing what exactly you'd consider as glitch abuse. As far as I know, actions like getting into positions you're not supposed to be in (like inside boxes or under the map) belong to this category whilst the VIP character abusing the kick function to fire sniper rounds really fast isn't considered as one for some seriously odd reasons. 

I'm really interested in more clan functions to be honest. If you look at it this way, the only reason I continued to play certain games back then and even now is because of the community/friends. This isn't limited to cf. But if it wasn't for my friends here in cf, I probably would've been long gone. What I'm saying is, better functions with friends in CF would be a good blood connection with the game. Considering the many clan function suggestions out here in the forums would help keep players in the game.  

PM_CrisCross:

Have a great weekend full of Crossfire everybody, 
Your PM_CrisCross

You too qq 

Have no fear, Alerio is here!
Alteria / Exalted 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,258

PoeticPro:
Gosh, the hypocrisy is real here. 
1- Continually asking for new GP capsules
2- ??? weeks later
3- *gets GP capsules*
4- Complaining about not winning GP capsules
5- ??? weeks later
6- Continually asking for new GP capsules

The same could be said about the capsule coupon rewards actually.
Y'all ask for it to be changed and are pretty much flooding the forums with the same content. "change coupon rewards! It's been X since you've do so!"
And when they do change it, y'all find another reason to complain. And to that, I say, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHU3oAhM4tU 
They've got it changed. If you think the content is unfair/game breaking, let me remind you of a special something called the vip weapons that the majority of the current players have..

For clarification purposes, this is aimed at people with the viewpoints that agree to threads like this  

Have no fear, Alerio is here!
Alteria / Exalted 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,168

Citru:

This all sounds great, as usual, although my main concern is Ghost Mode - any updates on the step bug?

Mouse bug

Jersey1993:

What will happen with our current FP points

Good questions,
and I expect an answer from CrisCross or the other GM's about these.
// bliXten

This is it 2013-March 2017.Good bye Everyone heart

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,672

If we only had this kind of publisher 5 years ago, current game situation would've been a whole lot different story.

Page 1 of 3 (41 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

Google Analytics Alternative