In Game Name and Clan name change policy change

Bookmark and Share

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 188
GM_Celestine Posted: 11-17-2016 0:37
Attention Mercenaries,

With the newest patch we will update our IGN and Clan name change policy, so that you don't need to contact the support team to regain previously used IGNs or clan names.

- If you want to change your IGN or clan name to one you had used yourself with the same account in the last 90 days, you will be able to use it again immediately. You will still need to purchase a Call Name Change item in order to do that.

- If you want to change your IGN or clan name to one somebody else had used recently, you will need to wait 90 days until it is available again.

This also means that the support team will not accept requests for IGNs that are currently not in use, since all IGNs that were not use within 90 days are available for everybody.

In case a player is inactive with an IGN you would like to use, you still need to contact the support team to free the IGN. The support team will investigate if the player is inactive long enough and his level, to ensure that we can make the requested IGN available.

* We will not be able to free Clan names that are in use, even if the clan seems to be inactive. 
* Please be aware that you can only use IGNs with 2-12 alphanumeric characters (for clan names 3-12 alphanumeric characters) plus - _ [ ] . and * 

However, if you have questions, please feel free to contact the support team at 1:1 Support.

- Crossfire Europe Team

GM_Celestine

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 3,065

So this means that I can contact the support to free the username of an account that has been inactive for years and has less than 10 kills, you will free it and I can use it with a purchased namechange? 

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,192

xVermillion:

So this means that I can contact the support to free the username of an account that has been inactive for years and has less than 10 kills, you will free it and I can use it with a purchased namechange? 

Yes, but the kill counter is not what matters here. It's about how long an account have been inactive. I think that differentiates from case to case and GMs will decide each case on it's own, with no general requirement to make this IGN change happen.

/ ShadY

Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 383

Aw yeah man! This is AWESOME! I was asking for this a long time ago!  In love with GM_Celestine now.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,532

As long as the original owner has a say, then this is a good system. By not having it first come first served, you could check if one of the accounts requesting that name or not is the original owner, and prioritise the owner if thats true. Without knowing how many requests are being made, this might not even be an issue.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 858
Yesterday i found out that the symbols arent available for clan names atm. I think you should update this thread. Regards, t4sos

She loved mysteries so much, that she became one.

-t4sos's girlfriend

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,253
@t4sos, rly? well.. that sucks ;/

The Real / Only one  #1 Ranked player 09/13 NA (I have no Backup accounts)

IGN: Sara*

Champion Chapecoense 2016!  #ForcaChape

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 858
Yeah :/

-t4sos's girlfriend

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,253
If you quote someone, do you also get weird things? Or is it just me?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 858
Sarastasija:
remove the divstyle things from and you can quote.

-t4sos's girlfriend

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,253
t4sosGR:
Sarastasija:
remove the divstyle things from and you can quote.
Omg thank you!!!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS

Google Analytics Alternative