Fox's art

Bookmark and Share

rated by 0 users
This post has 63 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,196

Genetree:

Only place you can get real domesticated fox is russia tho

Its a result of experiment outgoing already for 50+ years... funds were cut so the expriment leaked (they started to sell them as pets to get funds)

Yeah, I read about that one.

Under the Soviet regime, a bunch of scientists were studying the effects of human contact on animals (or was it evolution?). That study was forbidden by the politics of the state, they pretended breed them for their fur. They began treating fox cubs like pets: petting them, feeding them, playing with them, and even trying to teach them some tricks. From each litter they'd take the most human-friendly foxes and breed them on. Within a few generations (which is a remarkably short amount of time for something so drastic), the foxes started yearning human contact and their physical appearance also changed. I forgot how exactly, but I know they were essentially 'becoming cuter'.

Afaik that's the reason why we can have foxes as pets.

4Real | Forum Moderator

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 827

Why do they need to do experiments. Don't cats, dogs, cattle and any animal that we have come in contact thru the ages already prove this...

If you manage to get into the animals mid you can shape it anyhow you want.

IGN - WinstonBG

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,196

WinstonBG:

Does it matter?

If they didn't, we wouldn't have such an amazing animal as a pet.

4Real | Forum Moderator

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 827

Yeah... guess so.

Few years back my family and I were camping at the beach of Danube river. Every night the same female fox came to us with it's offspring. We fed them and they kept coming... Makes me sad that we left them in the end of the summer... Anyway... my point is we don't need such experiments...

IGN - WinstonBG

Page 5 of 5 (64 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS

Google Analytics Alternative